PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 12:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

stephenta is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
newb question

I just got a samsung omnia switched from a htc touch diamond b/c it was so slow. I am kinda confused on all these roms and I am a newb. I tried installing the leaked i910 rom and it froze on the dl screen and luckily my phone did not brick. is it required that i install that rom before I can still other cooked roms? And what is this may 11th official release rumor do? Whats the best option as of now.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

EXELDENT is a n00b
Re: newb question

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenta View Post
I just got a samsung omnia switched from a htc touch diamond b/c it was so slow. I am kinda confused on all these roms and I am a newb. I tried installing the leaked i910 rom and it froze on the dl screen and luckily my phone did not brick. is it required that i install that rom before I can still other cooked roms? And what is this may 11th official release rumor do? Whats the best option as of now.
Welcome to the forum. You need to download the UMDL CC20 firmware (Beta ROM) 1st before you can install any of the cooked ROM's. Go to this site http://www.theidoctor.org/omnia.html for step by step instructions and the downloads. After that, I think that most of the people on this forum prefer Adrynalyne's ROM's. Tons of free memory space and great features. There is a lot of controversy regarding the May 11th release. We are all still not sure exactly what Verizon plans to release. I guess we'll know in just a few days. Good luck.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Threadstarter

stephenta is a n00b

yes i did download and tried to do it. As it was downloading Eboot it was stuck at the 20% range for half and hour. I read up on it and found it froze and most ppls phone brick from that but mine didnt. Should I risk it again and try it?
Old 05-10-2009, 12:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

I must ask, why be in such a hurry to flash a new ROM? Give the stock ROM a chance and take the time to learn about your device and ROM flashing before you take on this challenge. A good number of the questions posted on this site are from folks who jumped into flashing without a good understanding of the process.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Pure (TD2, Topaz)
Carrier: AT&T

greenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuff

don't use a computer with USB 1.1 or 1.0 they will brick your phone
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia