PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: undecided right now
Carrier: Verizon

skysurfer2010 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
new to PPC... omnia HD?

I know many people are going to roll their eyes, but last night a friend got me interested in an iphone. I couldn't believe how stunning it was. I've seen a bunch of friends with them in the past, but I really never paid much attention to them. Today I was talking to some another friends and found out there a lot of great apps I could use for work. I'm a corporate pilot and was told they have a lot of great weather apps and other tools I can use. I decided today I needed a ppc

I did a ton of research today and have been pretty torn between the iphone and the omnia. I really like a lot of the features on the omnia (I really like the camera since I rarely ever have my digital with me), but I don't think I could be happy with the color and resolution compared to the iphone. I considered the HTC Touch Pro ( really love the pull out keyboard) but I don't think I'd be happy with the size of the screen or the camera. Then I found out about the omnia HD coming out and I think I'm going to hold off until it does. Does anyone know the release date in the US? If only it could have a qwerty keypad then it would be perfect for me!

I can sit around an airport for hours on end waiting for my rich passengers to return. I want something to keep myself entertained mostly. Plus it would be nice to maybe not lug my outdated laptop around on over night trips.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:21 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

skysurfer2010 is a n00b
Re: new to PPC... omnia HD?

Hmm... I just found some info on the HTC Touch Pro 2. Maybe my wish has been granted already??
Old 05-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysurfer2010 View Post
Hmm... I just found some info on the HTC Touch Pro 2. Maybe my wish has been granted already??
http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/home.php

try this site gives u info on upcoming phones and when and where they will be released...
Old 05-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

skysurfer2010 is a n00b

Thanks for the link!

Sorry for the grammar errors above. I should have proofread!

Looking at the specs I might still be torn between the Omnia HD and the HTC Touch Pro 2. The TP is the design I'd want but the Omnia has the camera and picture I'd want. I guess I have some time to give it some thought.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysurfer2010 View Post
Thanks for the link!

Sorry for the grammar errors above. I should have proofread!

Looking at the specs I might still be torn between the Omnia HD and the HTC Touch Pro 2. The TP is the design I'd want but the Omnia has the camera and picture I'd want. I guess I have some time to give it some thought.
Truthfully if u want a phone that does what the Iphone does...you really should get an Iphone...a lot of people jump on phones that are said to be "Iphone killers" or "Iphone-like" and end up being sadly disappointed...PPC's have plenty of advantages over the Iphone, but Apple has a gem of a product which also has it drawbacks but PPC's have their fair share of drawbacks too, especially when compared side by side to each other...anyway read up before u pay up...
Old 05-07-2009, 11:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910 / Blaze 6.5
Carrier: Big Red

gruven98 is becoming a great contributor

just my .02 here......

if i had to make a choice i would look at the service providers. now that verizon & alltel have merged and have much better towers in my opinion, i think that i'll stick with big red for a long time. i don't care too much for companies that try to dominate the market just becasue they have a hot product.

no doubt that the iphone is a very good phone, but i've seen it way too many times when friends of mine lose their service signal and they're right next to the tower. i'll just say, "here... use mine"

pdub73 hit it on the head.... each one has it's issues. do your research, and i would take advantage of the 15 day trial period that each company has to offer.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:59 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

skysurfer2010 is a n00b

Yeah, that's also part of my reasoning for leaning towards a ppc (staying with Verizon). I do a lot of traveling and depend on my cell.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia