PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: omnia
Carrier: verizon

whipstitch is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bluetooth Headset Override?

I use a jawbone bluetooth with my Omnia and it works pretty reliably. Today I tried hooking up my Omnia to my car stereo via the headphone jack that came with the phone. The music sounded great through my car stereo, but when I used the jawbone to initiate a call, the audio was routed through the car stereo and external microphone instead of through my headset. Any way to force it to route the call audio/mic through my headset? I have a convertible and making calls via 'speakerphone' is not workable.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung i910
Carrier: Verizon

xPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Bluetooth Headset Override?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipstitch View Post
I use a jawbone bluetooth with my Omnia and it works pretty reliably. Today I tried hooking up my Omnia to my car stereo via the headphone jack that came with the phone. The music sounded great through my car stereo, but when I used the jawbone to initiate a call, the audio was routed through the car stereo and external microphone instead of through my headset. Any way to force it to route the call audio/mic through my headset? I have a convertible and making calls via 'speakerphone' is not workable.
I'm not sure the Samsung guys expected the cable to be plugged in and Bluetooth active. You can try going to Settings/Personal/Voice Command/Notifications and setting it to "Bluetooth hands free only". Make sure Media is not checked.

Better yet, make sure only "Phone" is checked. This may or may not work. I'm kinda shootin' in the dark since I haven't tested it.

If you have a late model GM this On-Star replacement is the best I've found so far. Even if On-Star wasn't installed it should be pre-wired. Slick. Really slick. One is going in my Eldo.

Ted

Melancholia by Verizon SCH-i910
Adryn CF03 V2.0 8GB/16GB µSDHC
WM 6.5 Pro CE OS 5.2.23008 (23008.5.3.0)

Another Proud Member of FA. Time since last relapse: < One Day (at a Time).

If somebody helped you please click the button in the bottom right corner of their post.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: omnia
Carrier: verizon
Threadstarter

whipstitch is a n00b
Re: Bluetooth Headset Override?

Thanks for the post but that didn't help. I tried using a wired adapter (radioshack) that had no microphone to see if it would then use either the phone or the bluetooth mic but it didn't use either. I also tried messing with the bluetooth registry settings (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa915920.aspx) to no avail. It's sad that there seems to be no settings that allow you to specify how the audio gets routed - at least not that I can find.

When wired battles bluetooth on the omnia wired always wins.

To answer a call with my bluetooth in my car, I apparently have to pull the headphone cable out first. How lame is that?

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia