PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2009, 05:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i910 Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

cmseeley is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to cmseeley
Good alarm clock

Hi all. I have a quick question for you all. The alarm on my old phone was a very loud ring. So far the built in alarm, on tje omnia, is not that reliable. Based on recomenations from posts i downloaded, and installed g alarm. It works great. the only problem is that it doesn't have an alarm clock sound! It only olays music etc. Music does not wake me up!! Do you folks have any ideas. Is thier a mp3 song for alarm clock bell. Or is thier a better prog. Thanks.

Chris
Old 04-30-2009, 06:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

seanosaur is keeping up the good workseanosaur is keeping up the good workseanosaur is keeping up the good work
Re: Good alarm clock

for mine, i use these songs:
http://www.amazon.com/Cross-Justice/dp/B000PHX8QQ

or you could try googling alarm mp3.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910 / Blaze 6.5
Carrier: Big Red

gruven98 is becoming a great contributor

shoot over to www.samsung-omnia.org and look in the ringtone farm thread (or whatever it's called) and there's some extra loud alarms posted in there. you can always download audacity at www.audacity.sourceforge.net and create your own. that's what i did. you can make them as loud as you want, save it as a .mp3, and use that to wake you up.

also, check out phonezoo.com and zedge.net for other tones. might find what you're looking for at one of those two places.

hope that helped.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i910 Samsung Omnia
Threadstarter

cmseeley is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to cmseeley

Thanks for the ideas...

I have been trying differant mp3's.
I will find something.

Thanks again.

Chris
Old 05-02-2009, 03:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: VZW

ArdvarkOfDoom is just getting started

I was skeptical... but I started using G-Alarm and I LOVE it. I just use loud MP3s for now (This works until I get off my lazy butt and go download loud alarm tones :P), but it gives you the option to amplify the loudness and to turn off the alarm, you either have to do simple math (i.e. 5 + 1 and it gives you 4 options,) or a maze. The maze is cool because you can use your finger to navigate (not as easy though) or better yet use the g-sensor.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Phantom27 is keeping up the good workPhantom27 is keeping up the good work

I was using G-Alarm but found it to be unreliable. Don't know why. Then I got PhoneAlarm and it has an Alarm feature. It isn't as 'powerful' as G-Alarm, but it is 100% reliable. It's great. Besides, phone alarm is an awesome program anyway (once you get it setup right). But it isn't free.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung i910

xPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom27 View Post
I was using G-Alarm but found it to be unreliable. Don't know why. Then I got PhoneAlarm and it has an Alarm feature. It isn't as 'powerful' as G-Alarm, but it is 100% reliable. It's great. Besides, phone alarm is an awesome program anyway (once you get it setup right). But it isn't free.
What do you mean by unreliable? I have 8 alarms (meds - what to take when) set in G-Alarm and it's never failed to go off in any of them. I don't use any fancy playlists - a single mp3 that I made from MASH (thought it was good for meds). It also respects etiquette mode (think I had to set an option for that). Make sure you allow it to fix the WM midnight bug.

Ted

Melancholia by Verizon SCH-i910
Adryn CF03 V2.0 8GB/16GB µSDHC
WM 6.5 Pro CE OS 5.2.23008 (23008.5.3.0)

Another Proud Member of FA. Time since last relapse: < One Day (at a Time).

If somebody helped you please click the button in the bottom right corner of their post.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910 / Blaze 6.5
Carrier: Big Red

gruven98 is becoming a great contributor

i had a weird deal with g-alarm yesterday. i set the thing to go off at 2:55pm, and it didn't go off until 5:01pm.... totally weird. i still haven't figured out what the deal is with that.

i did download the trial version of pocketclock pro from handango and talk about features. sheesh.... i just don't know if it's worth the $20. may have to play with it some more.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung i910

xPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPosTech View Post
What do you mean by unreliable? I have 8 alarms (meds - what to take when) set in G-Alarm and it's never failed to go off in any of them. I don't use any fancy playlists - a single mp3 that I made from MASH (thought it was good for meds). It also respects etiquette mode (think I had to set an option for that). Make sure you allow it to fix the WM midnight bug.

Ted
I forgot to mention that my alarms are 7 day. I don't have any questions or mazes set. I have it set to snooze after 20 seconds if close or snooze isn't pressed and trip a maximum of 5 times.

If you are having problems they may be introduced by the accelerometer. Try disabling the maze and don't use confirmation for the maze or questions. If that clears the intermittent stuff you'll know where to probe further. Go back and enable options one at a time till problems resurface.

Ted
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia