PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2009, 03:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

Lasarre is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Downloading Pix

I know this is probably a stupid question, but is there a way to download a picture from your PC to Omnia to use as a background or wallpaper like you can with a pc monitor?

Thanks
Old 04-30-2009, 03:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

zplit is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to zplit Send a message via MSN to zplit Send a message via Yahoo to zplit
Re: Downloading Pix

Yes you can... i you have the cable to connect to ur pc and copy the wallpaper you want all u have to do is sync it to ur phone... or maybe good online usin ur phone and get any wallpaper you like.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:05 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Lasarre is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by zplit View Post
Yes you can... i you have the cable to connect to ur pc and copy the wallpaper you want all u have to do is sync it to ur phone... or maybe good online usin ur phone and get any wallpaper you like.
Would that work the same for a picture you took and uploaded to your pc-you can download it to the phone and save it as wall paper?
Old 04-30-2009, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910 / Blaze 6.5
Carrier: Big Red

gruven98 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasarre View Post
Would that work the same for a picture you took and uploaded to your pc-you can download it to the phone and save it as wall paper?
the other thing that you can do is once your omnia is hooked to your pc, open up windows explorer and copy/paste your pics into the my docs\my pictures folder. once you have everything loaded up, open up browse files, open your picture, select menu, then select set as today background. this will work with any pic.

be careful though... if you don't have a memory card, pics and such will take up room on your "my storage".
Old 05-06-2009, 11:56 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Lasarre is a n00b

Forget about downloading pix. Can someone tell me how to take them. I thought I did, but now I can't find them anywhere on the phone. I don't know how to get to them. Smart phones make one feel really stupid especially when there is no real user guide. Also, when I tried to install that sync program that came with the phone it wouldn't install. Do I need that in order to connect the phone to the pc? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm confused :P
Old 05-07-2009, 12:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Forget about downloading pix. Can someone tell me how to take them. I thought I did, but now I can't find them anywhere on the phone. I don't know how to get to them. Smart phones make one feel really stupid especially when there is no real user guide. Also, when I tried to install that sync program that came with the phone it wouldn't install. Do I need that in order to connect the phone to the pc? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm confused :P
your pictures should default to device\my storage\dcim

as far as sync, you need it to "sync" to ms outlook for your contacts, notes, etc. not unless you get a total replacement for outlook and the only program that i know of that comes with a desktop and ppc replacement is agendus.

what error message are you getting when you try to install ms active sync? and are you running xp or vista?

Last edited by gruven98; 05-07-2009 at 12:39 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:38 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Lasarre is a n00b

The error message I get is that it did not install successfully or completely. I tried to install it 3 times. I am running Vista. So do I need the active sinc with Vista? By the way, where is the zoom button on this phone for taking pictures?
Old 05-07-2009, 12:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
The error message I get is that it did not install successfully or completely. I tried to install it 3 times. I am running Vista. So do I need the active sinc with Vista? By the way, where is the zoom button on this phone for taking pictures?
see the correction i made above for the location of your pictures and the zoom is your volume buttons on the side.

hmmm.... someone else needs to Q in about installing on vista. all my machines are xp or linux. but yeah, you kinda need active sync.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:01 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Lasarre is a n00b

I will try again tomorrow to install it. You are so great I will add another question. They put on two widgets for the time clock on the side. How do I get rid of one? Do I have to keep all the widgets on the side? I don't want the media one. I would rather add a widget for my contacts.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

not sure about the widgets. i don't use them since i flashed my rom and i use spb mobile shell 2.x i think that the user guide is on the cd that came with your omnia and i think that there's some info on widgets in there if you want to take a peak.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia