PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 10:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

Lasarre is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Omnia Question

I just got an Omnia yesterday and at the store they said it would announce who is calling like my old lg Chocolate. I have been trying to set it up by putting it on announce for incoming, but it is not doing it. Does anyone have a solution? I have spent hours today learning this phone. This smart phone makes me realize I am not so smart lol Thanks so much. It is great to find a board for this phone. I'm sure I'll have many more questions
Old 04-29-2009, 10:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola DROID

brandogg is keeping up the good workbrandogg is keeping up the good work
Re: Omnia Question

What does "announce" on the LG Chocolate do?
Old 04-29-2009, 11:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910 / Blaze 6.5
Carrier: Big Red

gruven98 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasarre View Post
I just got an Omnia yesterday and at the store they said it would announce who is calling like my old lg Chocolate. I have been trying to set it up by putting it on announce for incoming, but it is not doing it. Does anyone have a solution? I have spent hours today learning this phone. This smart phone makes me realize I am not so smart lol Thanks so much. It is great to find a board for this phone. I'm sure I'll have many more questions
Lasarre.. welcome to the Omnia Community. i hope that you don't find your new toy too confusing for ya and if there's ever a question don't hesitate to ask in here. there's a ton of knowledge and helpful folks here.

as to your issue, i think what you're looking for can be found under Settings>Personal>Voice Command. there you'll be able to set your announcements that you want to set. Enable this feature, and then select the options that you want.

i hope that this is want you're looking for.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:37 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Lasarre is a n00b
Red face Re: Omnia Question

Thank you. I did set it to voice command for incoming calls, but it doesn't work. My old phone would say "call from......" and then it would ring. Also, how do you change your voicemail message on this phone? While I'm at it, is there a way to make the sensitivity of the screen less? What I mean is when I go online and I'm trying to make my e-mail larger it just starts flying up and down and larger and smaller. I really hope that made sense lol
Old 04-29-2009, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910 / Blaze 6.5
Carrier: Big Red

gruven98 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasarre View Post
Thank you. I did set it to voice command for incoming calls, but it doesn't work. My old phone would say "call from......" and then it would ring. Also, how do you change your voicemail message on this phone? While I'm at it, is there a way to make the sensitivity of the screen less? What I mean is when I go online and I'm trying to make my e-mail larger it just starts flying up and down and larger and smaller. I really hope that made sense lol

under notifications, did you select the option ".... through device speaker..." and uncheck "only during free time"?

i know that the feature works because i know that i played around with this feature when i first received my omnia.

your voicemail message is saved on the verizon network. (i'm assuming you're with big red) but dial *86 or hold the voicemail button down and follow the prompts.

as far as the screen sensitivity, i'm not 100% sure on that one. that may be a reg hack. someone else might wanna tune in on that one.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:52 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Lasarre is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruven98 View Post
under notifications, did you select the option ".... through device speaker..." and uncheck "only during free time"?

i know that the feature works because i know that i played around with this feature when i first received my omnia.

your voicemail message is saved on the verizon network. (i'm assuming you're with big red) but dial *86 or hold the voicemail button down and follow the prompts.

as far as the screen sensitivity, i'm not 100% sure on that one. that may be a reg hack. someone else might wanna tune in on that one.
Thank you so much. I got it to work. Now, if I can figure out how to work the visual voicemail, that would be good. It said I had a new visual voicemail after I redid my announcement then the visual voicemail said I had no new messages. I thought that was kind of weird.

You guys are good
Old 05-01-2009, 12:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Phantom27 is keeping up the good workPhantom27 is keeping up the good work

The screen sensitivity issue sounds like your having problems with Opera. That is probally just getting used to Opera. It flys around on me when I'm not paying attention. Sometimes it's better to use a stylus or something sharp instead of your finger. Just give Opera a chance. It's AWESOME when you get it setup right.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Keir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to Keir333 Send a message via Yahoo to Keir333 Send a message via Skype™ to Keir333

Welcome to the site!

Here's a thread by GoodGets that explains alot about this site-

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=62330

It's a great place for all new members to start.

Hope this helps ya out, and if it does, don't forget to hit the
green "Thanks" button in the lower right corner

-Keir-

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia