PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 10:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Indredible
Carrier: Verizon

volsmcfalls is keeping up the good workvolsmcfalls is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Custom Taskbar?

Can someone help me out? I am wanting to put a custom taskbar on my Omnia. But, I've read through the custom taskbar thread here on ppcg but it seems a little over my head. That or I am just missing something because it isn't clicking with me.

Have others had luck customizing their taskbar on the Omnia? Do I have to get WQVGA icons for it to work properly?

Ideally, I'd like to see a customization app for the task bar, that would let you select the icon set you wanted to use (or individual icons seperately, for a truly cuystom taskbar) and then would apply those changes to the phone, sort of like the way Imarche's skinning app would customize mobile shell 2 for you, without having to manually change .dll files and such. That seems to technical for me...
Old 04-29-2009, 11:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910 w/ Adryn's WM 6.5 ROM

KodiakClark is just getting started
Re: Custom Taskbar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsmcfalls View Post
Can someone help me out? I am wanting to put a custom taskbar on my Omnia. But, I've read through the custom taskbar thread here on ppcg but it seems a little over my head. That or I am just missing something because it isn't clicking with me.

Have others had luck customizing their taskbar on the Omnia? Do I have to get WQVGA icons for it to work properly?

Ideally, I'd like to see a customization app for the task bar, that would let you select the icon set you wanted to use (or individual icons seperately, for a truly cuystom taskbar) and then would apply those changes to the phone, sort of like the way Imarche's skinning app would customize mobile shell 2 for you, without having to manually change .dll files and such. That seems to technical for me...
I hear ya on that. I looked through that thread too and it seemed ridiculously hard to change the icons, not to mention I did not see anything specific for a WQVGA device like ours.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

Lienus is just getting started

I think I know which thread you guys are talking about, I spent quite a bit of time looking at it myself. Right now I'm using grigoris taskbar, you can get it here http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-o...kbar-makeover/. I'm pretty new to all this stuff so I'm not too sure if there are others out there that will work for the Omnia, but I'm quite satisfied with this at the moment.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910 w/ Adryn's WM 6.5 ROM

KodiakClark is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lienus View Post
I think I know which thread you guys are talking about, I spent quite a bit of time looking at it myself. Right now I'm using grigoris taskbar, you can get it here http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-o...kbar-makeover/. I'm pretty new to all this stuff so I'm not too sure if there are others out there that will work for the Omnia, but I'm quite satisfied with this at the moment.
Thanks! I'll have to check it out tonight.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910 (BW23064)
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

Skyline987 is becoming a great contributor

i started to but the file im working on keeps getting corrupted half way through replacing the icons and i have to start over. Basically the icons are located in Shellres.96.dll, overrideicon.dll and a few others.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia