PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 04:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

arizonaomnia is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to arizonaomnia
Safe deletion of native Omnia applications?

I've had my Omnia for a little more than a month, and while I'm a power user by the average person's standards (I LOVE Spb Shell & am now, thanks to you, successfully using GPS with Google Earth), I'm a bit of a noob with WinMo, having spent a number of years on Palm OS until recently. I'd like to clear up some Storage memory, and while I understand I can't uninstall Mobile IM and VZNavigator and the like, I'm wondering what would happen if I simply deleted their program folders (as if I am on a Mac, I suppose, LOL). Or is there a better, noob-friendly method of uninstalling native applications?
Old 04-28-2009, 05:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Re: Safe deletion of native Omnia applications?

If they're cooked into the ROM, I don't believe that will be possible.

Old 04-28-2009, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

arizonaomnia is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Skype™ to arizonaomnia

Well, that's a pity.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:44 PM
VIP Member

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You can use a cooked ROM that doesn't have the programs included. There is one here in the stickyed threads by Adrynalyne. There are two fo them over on Modaco in the ROM forum. http://www.modaco.com/category/368/i...om-discussion/ One is by WoZZeR999 and one by me. Each is a little different. Look at them and give one a try to see if you like it. If you don't flash to another one.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 04-29-2009, 01:04 AM
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Choice is always a good thing.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:06 PM
VIP Member

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
Choice is always a good thing.
Yes it is.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:32 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Also, stock programs don't take up storage memory. They use ROM space...

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

cOnTaGoUs is just getting started

Does re-flashing your phone with ROM after ROM until you find one that work cause any problems? Just asking as after you format a computers hard-drive it can cause some problems, obviously the 2 things are different, i was just wondering, as i would like to test out there other roms, but then go back to the one im using if i dont like them.

Thanks
Old 04-29-2009, 09:00 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cOnTaGoUs View Post
Does re-flashing your phone with ROM after ROM until you find one that work cause any problems? Just asking as after you format a computers hard-drive it can cause some problems, obviously the 2 things are different, i was just wondering, as i would like to test out there other roms, but then go back to the one im using if i dont like them.

Thanks
No, it does not cause problems unless the ROM is bad/buggy. In other words, if the ROM is good, no problems will come. There is a 10,000 flashing limit through...
Old 04-29-2009, 09:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

cOnTaGoUs is just getting started

wow awsome reply, thanks and great a nice high limit lol
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia