PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 10:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: omnia i910

JB4409 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SMS app recommendations ??

Hey everyone! Been lurking on here for a while since deciding I wanted more out of my Omnia (got it about 2 months ago).

I got SPB Mobile Shell and like it a lot (although it does freeze up and do wierd things from time to time), and have learned to navigate my phone and have it tricked out nicely.

I saw an SMS app a few days ago on here that looked like chat bubbles, but I haven`t been able to find it again. Does anyone have recommendations for a text app that are a bit more "spicy" than what the i910 comes with? I have the rescoe keyboard, FWIW.

(and is S2U2 REALLY that sweet and worth getting?)

THANKS!
JB
Old 04-16-2009, 08:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

sneech is a n00b
Re: SMS app recommendations ??

I'm a big fan of SMS_Chat by Vito.

http://vitotechnology.com/threaded-sms-messaging.html
Old 04-17-2009, 09:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Indredible

volsmcfalls is keeping up the good workvolsmcfalls is keeping up the good work

Is this what you saw?

http://www.pocketcm.com/screenshot.php?v=1

I tried it out a little while back. It was ok, but there's a lot more features to the program than what I was after.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I recoment PocketCM, I have used it for a couple years and love it...there are Omnia skins out there and is pretty customizable, and I use it for almost all my messaging/contact functions, so it works out well for me.

Old 04-18-2009, 02:19 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

JB4409 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsmcfalls View Post
Is this what you saw?

http://www.pocketcm.com/screenshot.php?v=1

I tried it out a little while back. It was ok, but there's a lot more features to the program than what I was after.
Thanks for the replies, folks

No, that`s not the one. It looked like cartoon thought bubbles. It`s not a big deal, I just thought it was entertaining. I didn`t have the luxury of the "conversation" style text messaging in my Treo, so I`ve come to like it a lot.

Also, how the he.........ck do I install S2U2? I`ve downloaded the newest version and transferred it to my phone (Win Rar said it was converting to WinMo format) and it says "no application associated...etc". Mobile SHell was the same file type and worked flawlessly.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Keir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to Keir333 Send a message via Yahoo to Keir333 Send a message via Skype™ to Keir333

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4409 View Post
Also, how the he.........ck do I install S2U2? I`ve downloaded the newest version and transferred it to my phone (Win Rar said it was converting to WinMo format) and it says "no application associated...etc". Mobile SHell was the same file type and worked flawlessly.
Just transfer the cab file to your phone and click on it. It should automatically install.

I attached the cab file here.

Hope this helps, and if it does, don't forget to hit the green "Thanks" button in the corner

-Keir-
Attached Files
File Type: cab S2U2-1.62-QVGA.cab (1.54 MB, 18 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-18-2009, 03:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

fastevolutionviii is keeping up the good workfastevolutionviii is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneech View Post
+1!!!
Old 04-18-2009, 01:56 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

JB4409 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keir333 View Post
Just transfer the cab file to your phone and click on it. It should automatically install.

I attached the cab file here.

Hope this helps, and if it does, don't forget to hit the green "Thanks" button in the corner

-Keir-
THANK YOU!!!

.cab files are SO painless. It installed and runs just fine. It`s been asked before but I`m not sure an anwser was given, but can we change the S2U2 default picture from the flower to something else?

And is there a way to set S2U as the default lock method? I mapped it to the camera button as many have, and it works as it should, but there are times when I set my phone down and just throw it in my pocket when I pick it back up. I`d like S2U to turn on automatically.

Thanks again everyone!
Old 04-18-2009, 06:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

NomaSS is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4409 View Post
THANK YOU!!!

.cab files are SO painless. It installed and runs just fine. It`s been asked before but I`m not sure an anwser was given, but can we change the S2U2 default picture from the flower to something else?

And is there a way to set S2U as the default lock method? I mapped it to the camera button as many have, and it works as it should, but there are times when I set my phone down and just throw it in my pocket when I pick it back up. I`d like S2U to turn on automatically.

Thanks again everyone!
What I do is set S2U2 to lock on wake up and then use the power button on the top of the phone to "lock" it and turn off the screen.

As far as changing the pic grab the pic you want rename it wallpaper.jpg and move it to /Program Files/S2U2/gfx/ and click yes when it asks you to replace OR if you want to keep the flower pic rename the existing wallpaper.jpg file first to something like wallpaper1.jpg.

Hope that helps.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia