PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 08:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omina I910
Carrier: Verison
Threadstarter

Anthrax79 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Thinking of dumping my I910 for a Blackberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post

The real solution is for someone to get smart and institute a tap to select, hold to scroll, double tap to execute.
Problem completely solved.
This is exactly what I think the phone should do in the first place. Maybe when we get a ROM that we can cook with there might be a change to change the behavior via a driver modification or something.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthrax79 View Post
And that is why I ask. I really want to stick with this phone. It has so many cool features and with new programs coming out daily the flexibility is un-matched. I apologize for making you repeated some advice again, however I have not found too many threads dealing with the scroll/select problem that I have been dealing with. So I ask... and I am very grateful for all the feedback I have been given.

I have already made some adjustments to the device with FavHacks, as well as just being more patient and precise with my finger. I may try the xt9 keyboard again and see how it compares to FingerKey.
im even giving the xt9 a go...because i was having trouble with any of the keys on the far left...like i would try to type 'A' and get an 'S' instead...xt9 corrects my typos...i dont really mind repeating things...no need to apologize...I aint nobody...

Last edited by pdub73; 04-04-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:22 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Anthrax79 is a n00b

I was having a ton of problem with always getting a S when I wanted an A. Switching to fingerkey fixed that most of the time. Still happens, but I am adjusting. I also noticed that I tend to hit too low on the key I am aiming for and getting the key below it. So like when I hit F the keyboard would give me a C . So now I just aim for the top of the key and I am more accurate.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:33 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

I posted another modded version of Fingerkeyboard 2. Might want to try it. It is quite nice in landscape.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: i910 Omnia
Carrier: verizon

Omega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Omega Ra

yeah I am using fingerboard 2 with a modded landscape so the arrows are gone and the keys are bigger works great.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:32 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Anthrax79 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
I posted another modded version of Fingerkeyboard 2. Might want to try it. It is quite nice in landscape.
Thanks for a GREAT keyboard. I must have tried 5 or 6 before I found yours. And your is by far the most accurate for me. I just loaded the modded port with the arrow keys moved to the numeric pad. MUCH better for me.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:58 AM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Its not mine. I just added some things to make it friendlier.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia