PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 10:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

PSLGuy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to PSLGuy
i910 Verizon Voice Command Not Working

Hi,
I have the i910 from Verizon. I have the Voice Command set to notify me over the speakerphone when text messages come in, when calendar alerts are set to go off. I have every notification set. It never announces anything. I simply get the regular sound tone when i get an new email or text. This is is my 2nd i910, the first ate up my battery, but I swear that one did all the announcing. Is their anyone out there that can confirm that their phone speaks to them when their notifications are set. Again I have mine set to alert through the speakerphone not any Bluetooth device, but I do have bluetooth devices on the phone(but the are not on, and neither is bluetooth enabled). I have Voice Command Ver. 1.6.2076.

If anyone can tell me if I am crazy, and if I am not crazy how to fix this thing so it will start talking to me. It does announce incoming calls, whether they are listed in my contacts or not.

Thank you,
Old 04-01-2009, 02:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

sofladavid is just getting started
Re: i910 Verizon Voice Command Not Working

I haven't tried using this feature, but looking at the settings, the only things that stand out are in the "notification" options for Calendar, SMS, etc.

1) Notify using "bluetooth, wired headset, built in speaker, etc). are you sure it's set to the right device you are using?

2) "Notify during FREE time only" If this is checked, is your calendar open at the time of the notifications?

you might have already checked these, but thought I'd mention them just in case.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Threadstarter

PSLGuy is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to PSLGuy

1. I have it set to notify through speaker phone.

2. I have "free time" unchecked so it should alert whether my calendar is set to busy or not.

Also, I have verified the speaker phone volume is all the way up.

Thanks for the response. If someone out there could try it out I would appreciate it. It's a program that comes with WinMo 6.1 so I would think other smart phones would have this too. I am trying to figure out if it Verizons phones or if it is the Omnia itself.

Thank you. HELP PLEASE!!!!!
Old 04-14-2009, 10:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

cobra04972tx1 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to cobra04972tx1

Mine works through the speaker when I tell it to announce over BT only, so go figure with this damn Windows program and the bastardized Omnia.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon Omnia i910

Metalloud is a n00b

Mine usually worked fine and I had it set to speaker only, but I think just means that it will cascade - ie, try bluetooth first, then try headset, then try speaker.

I stopped using this because I think that it was crashing my phone overnight. I suspect it was trying to announce things while connected to my bluetooth house phone (AT&T wireless home system). Every week or so the phone would be completely off and could only be restarted by taking out the battery. Has not happened for months now that I don't use voice notification.

If it helps - my version of 'voice command' is 1.6.20276
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia