PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2009, 11:34 AM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Second Today

RotationService shuts off automatic rotation, if memory serves. I would map manual rotation to a hard key. Thats what I do. You kind of have to, because rotation service still takes a couple seconds to remove current plugins and implement new ones on rotation of the today screen. I can also edit the file to rotate for certain apps as well.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:36 AM
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

For instance, I have text messages, etc. has free rotation as soon as I launch the app. So does Opera and Iris browser. The auto rotation is just for specified apps.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Threadstarter

faustus is just getting started

I must be confused. I thought I saw that you have two different today screens, one in portrait and a completely different one in landscape. Ultimately this is what I'm trying to do. I see you got your beer link added, I'll test it out for you!
Old 03-29-2009, 11:52 AM
The Pusher

Yes, thats exactly what it does.

It provides autorotation for specified apps, and different today screens per orientation.

Try mapping manual rotation to a hard key. I chose my Main Menu key at the top right.

Make sure you are on your today screen and give it a shot.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
Yes, thats exactly what it does.

It provides autorotation for specified apps, and different today screens per orientation.

Try mapping manual rotation to a hard key. I chose my Main Menu key at the top right.

Make sure you are on your today screen and give it a shot.
Thanks a ton for your help, your beer links officially works, enjoy two on me. I think I will pass on this though, I really enjoy the auto rotate feature. When i tire of it will use this.

Just for clarification what is the function of second today?
Old 03-29-2009, 01:18 PM
The Pusher

Second Today runs a second today screen, but as an application. So, when you close down second today, you lose that today screen as well.

Something you might want to try also is called mtoday.

It gives you true Today screen profiles, but I am really unsure how it will work with landscape vs. portrait.

http://www.modaco.com/content/pocket...280548/mtoday/

In regards to rotation service--maybe don't dismiss it yet. I am pretty sure it can be setup to allow EVERYTHING to rotate. Let me try something.

Also, thank you for the brew
Old 03-29-2009, 02:01 PM
The Pusher

I got it!

Uploading new file.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:06 PM
The Pusher

Ok, try this one. Restart the service once you overwrite the old file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip RotationService.zip (1.4 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
Ok, try this one. Restart the service once you overwrite the old file.
Works like a charm! My only complaint (picky, picky, picky) is the "please wait" while it changes. I'm guessing this is a by product of the service?
Old 03-29-2009, 03:12 PM
The Pusher

Yeah. Don't think there is any way around that one
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia