PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2009, 09:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

fraze is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Deleting Files

I'm trying to delete files from my storage memory because I'm tight on space. However, when I attempt to delete unneeded files, such as wallpapers, it gives me an unauthorized error. How do I connect to the Omnia with the proper permissions to delete these files?

Thanks for your help

PS Any other suggestions to free storage memory? Only have 4.91mb free
Old 03-28-2009, 10:37 AM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Re: Deleting Files

Stop installing things to device memory
Old 03-28-2009, 10:41 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

fraze is a n00b

Well, anything I've added, I've added it to my storage card
Old 03-28-2009, 10:49 AM
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

That can't be right. I am sporting a good 30+ installed apps, + custom mods and hacks that add considerable space, and I am running at 20mb free. I could have more free if I relocated my ringtones.

Install Mobile Monger, scan main memory, and post a screenshot. My first suspect is that your Opera cache is still on Main memory, which is bad.

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...ilemonger.html

Also, run Cleartemp.

http://mobile-sg.com/software/?p=ClearTemp&platform=ppc

Select all options and clear them.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:16 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

fraze is a n00b

Quote:
That can't be right.
Hey... you doubt me?!?!

Hah.. Thanks for the links. ClearTemp free'd up only 1.6MB of temp files, cache, etc because I had already manually deleted them from Opera options.

However, Mobile Monger was much more helpful. It allowed me to locate the temp files VZW AppZone had stored on my main memory. Over 32MB of temp files were buried in the temp folder. Crazy. I now have 39MB free!!!

Thanks for your help
Old 03-31-2009, 09:38 AM
The Pusher

No problem.

Vzappzone is the devil.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

seanosaur is keeping up the good workseanosaur is keeping up the good workseanosaur is keeping up the good work

I've recently found the culprit of my memory issues. Application Data\Opera9\download

Anything you download (and don't remove) from Opera gets saved here. that folder alone was taking up 15 MB
Old 03-31-2009, 05:48 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

fraze is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
No problem.

Vzappzone is the devil.

VZAppZone is indeed the devil But isn't that how I'll get the update that will include the GPS unlock? (Should it ever come out)

Or will that be provided via *228 ?
Old 03-31-2009, 05:58 PM
The Pusher

It will probably be a download off the VZW or Samsung website. It will be too large to push OTA, or via VZappzone.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia