PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2009, 11:42 AM
N00b

waly01 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is this normal when listening to music?

I've started to notice that sometimes when I listen to either my touch player and songs on my storage or Pandora that if i hit the power button and put the phone to sleep sometimes the sound will just stop coming to the headphones. I've also started to notice that if the phone is close to full battery 60-70% and up it'll continue playing while screen is off but if the battery level is lower it'll stop.

Anyone else have this happen to them? I'm wondering if this is a battery saving mechanism or there's just something buggy with my specific device
Old 03-23-2009, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

0Gravity is just getting started
Re: Is this normal when listening to music?

I did notice once that I could not put my phone to sleep and still listen to music...It only happened one time, about a week ago, and I had no idea why it was doing that, because I know I had played music in the past, while the phone screen was off!
I will try to pay attention to the batt level and see if it will happen if my batt is lower then 70 or 80%....I hope it is not some sort of battery saving feature...because if that is the case, with the way this thing chews up batteries I will only be able to get an hour out of it b4 my music stops playing!

0Gravity
Old 03-23-2009, 12:06 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i use s2p and s2u2 and screen can be off and if you turn on screen the album art and controls show on s2u2. http://www.ac-s2.com/ in wmp goto settings and assign a hardkey to turn off the player. it under buttons, toggle screen. that works for backlight.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 03-23-2009 at 12:14 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:23 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

I had something like that happen, but it was S2U2, I had to add an exception to my music player.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:09 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

waly01 is just getting started

I was using s2u2 and just closed it to test if that was it. I havne't had it happen yet and i'm down to about 40% (the low batt warning has started). How do add exceptions to prevent s2u2 from messing with it?
Old 03-23-2009, 03:19 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

I've only done it via the registry, and I use Pocketshield these days. So, I don't have it installed to tell you exactly where.

I would wager a guess its under HKCU/Software/S2U2 or HKLM/Software/S2U2

edit:

found it.

\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\A_C\S2U2
Old 03-24-2009, 10:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910 w/ BW 7 ROM

dmgks is a n00b

I can turn my power off while listening to music with no problem. However, my music pauses for about 15 seconds every few minutes (screen on or off). I think it happens when Outlook connects to my Exchange server, b/c I set the Activesync interval to manual and it seems like the problem went away. Haven't done enough testing to say that's it for sure, though. Kind of annoying, though...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia