PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2009, 03:42 PM
N00b

waly01 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WMWifirouter 1.30 Version Available

Thanks! I just installed the trial version and it's working great already. My buddy at work is connected to it on his Iphone just to test. Very excited and def think it's worth the one time $30 fee.

How is this legal? doesn't verizon charge 15 per month for this service?

Last edited by waly01; 03-23-2009 at 03:46 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by waly01 View Post

Yea, that's why you use this instead of VZ's tethering.......

~John
Old 03-23-2009, 06:09 PM
N00b

Does that mean this is not legal? If so, how can they distribute it so openly?

Either way, i effin love it. It's things like this that make me glad I don't have an I-drone

Last edited by waly01; 03-23-2009 at 06:12 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:17 PM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Does that mean this is not legal? If so, how can they distribute it so openly?
It is only illegal in that it violates Verizon's/Sprint's TOS.

~John
Old 03-23-2009, 10:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Thanks! I just installed the trial version and it's working great already. My buddy at work is connected to it on his Iphone just to test. Very excited and def think it's worth the one time $30 fee.

It is a great program and as was said, worth every penny of the one time $30.00 cost. I used to use the Internet Sharing on my Diamond but as of 4 weeks ago, the connection says Phone as Modem which is not good. I then downloaded the trial version of wmwifirouter and have since purchased it and just downloaded the 1.30 version although the 1.25 version was working without any issues. Just beaware that there is a 5gb on most Sprint plans regarding usage and you don't want to get into a situation where you go over that. People have said that they have gone way over that without issue but why take chance?You don't want to ruin a good thing
Old 03-24-2009, 05:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia 2 I920

07aspenx is becoming a great contributor

I'm using v.91 which works great. Any major changes on 1.30?
Old 03-24-2009, 05:57 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07aspenx View Post
I'm using v.91 which works great. Any major changes on 1.30?
.91 never worked for me in my TP & this version does.

~John
Old 03-24-2009, 12:54 PM
N00b

I actually went home last night to test it further and found that it wasn't working at all - on my mac for example, it show the network under "devices" and it would connect but no internet.

On my windows, it would also recognize the device, but again..not as a wireless network (not sure if that's normal) and would connect but still wouldn't produce any internet connection

I looked around on their website to see that noted some omnia users are reporting difficulties

Am i doing something wrong or do i just fall in the unlucky group?
Old 03-25-2009, 01:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I actually went home last night to test it further and found that it wasn't working at all - on my mac for example, it show the network under "devices" and it would connect but no internet.

On my windows, it would also recognize the device, but again..not as a wireless network (not sure if that's normal) and would connect but still wouldn't produce any internet connection

I looked around on their website to see that noted some omnia users are reporting difficulties

Am i doing something wrong or do i just fall in the unlucky group?
On a previous post, you said it was working fine. Now it is not working. I am alittle
Old 03-25-2009, 03:34 PM
N00b

Well what happened was i downloaded and installed it at work and had a co-worker try it on his i-phone to see if it worked. He reported that he was able to connect - he's half retarded so he prob saw it was connected, continued using his own phone's 3G thinking it was working becuase once i got home i noticed I was able to connect to the phone, it just never produced an internet connection

hope that clears it up - i blame my coworker for all of this
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia