PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2009, 02:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Theres hope for custom ROMs without waiting for Verizon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by menion View Post
I'm hesitating for the same reason. First post, been a forum lurker for a long time. I have an external bluetooth GPS that I can use (for my Dell Axim) but would rather not carry it around.
If that is all your hesitating on with the Omnia, the only other choice is to switch carriers GPS is blocked on all WM devices with VZW. I am sure hacks will come out for most, but basically if you like the Omnia and GPS is the only hold-out, aside from switching carrier, I would go for it!!!

About Sprint picking/not picking up the Omnia....time will tell, I wouldn't be suprised if it happens eventually, but for now, let's see what comes out of Bell getting the i910!!

Old 03-21-2009, 01:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

dbigdawg is becoming a great contributor

removed by request

Last edited by dbigdawg; 03-22-2009 at 11:58 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:24 AM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

You talk of presumptions, then talk like the Omnia for sure is coming to Sprint.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: none yet
Carrier: verizon

uurrnn is a n00b

When is Bell getting the Omnia?
Old 03-21-2009, 09:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

April according to BGR.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...mnia-in-april/

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 03-21-2009, 09:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: none yet
Carrier: verizon

uurrnn is a n00b

Oh wow. A lot sooner than I expected. Very nice.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbigdawg View Post
This is erroneous or you don't have enough information?

The engadget report references boy genius which is where the original leak was posted. In this ppt deck you will find the Samsung Dash. This is labeled as the next generation Instinct. If you were involved in any product sessions, like I was, you would have signed an NDA, which would make you legally liable for sharing any information from that meeting. Obviously,, the affiliate partner who leaked the road map doesn't care about legal accountability, but I do.

That being said, there is nothing in the NDA about me asking you questions. If there were a device that was replacing the Instinct, from Samsung, with customized widgets, GPS, WiFi, 8-16gb internal memory, up to 16gb microSD in a form factor nearly identical to the Behold or Eternity, what would you suppose that device would be? I realize that the Samsung Dash lists a BREW system but I was told that may not correct and this device could actually end up being WM6.1 or WM6.5. Now what might you call that device?

It may turn out that this device does indeed come out in BREW but calling informaiton erroneous without knowing the background of leaked information seems a bit presumptive on your part.
I saw the "leaked" roadmap...and based or ur post the information you gave was erroneous, no-where did the roadmap mention an Omnia or any variant of the Omnia, the fact that it is a Samsung device is meaningless, the phone features are irrelevant your post read and I quote ""Sprint will have the Omnia in Q3 also."" you didn't say the Dash, or next generation Instinct" all I asked for was proof of ur statement, you didn't and still haven't provided any, so ur information was and still is ERRONEOUS !!!!

you can hide behind legalities if you want, but instead why don't you just delete your post until you have concrete information to support ur claim, just telling us "you saw the documents" doesn't hold any water...I personally would love it if more carriers get the Omnia that can only boost our support for this forum, and the device I have friends that don't want to or can't leave sprint ans would love to have an Omnia after seeing what mine can do, that is why I was asking for proof...

Last edited by pdub73; 03-21-2009 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

dbigdawg is becoming a great contributor

Posts were removed as you requested. I am not going to violate an NDA over a forum argument.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia