PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung SCH-i910
Carrier: Verizon

Scotty0844 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Field test

After playing with my wifes new Omnia for a couple of days I fell in love with it and decided to retire my Q(the original silver one, don't laugh). At my house our awesome new PPCs are constantly switching back and forth between 1X and EVDO. With my Q I was able to dial ##* and lock on to one or the other. I've looked around and can't seem to find anything on it. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 03-11-2009, 10:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: samsung omnia i910

steve austin is just getting started
Re: Field test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty0844 View Post
After playing with my wifes new Omnia for a couple of days I fell in love with it and decided to retire my Q(the original silver one, don't laugh). At my house our awesome new PPCs are constantly switching back and forth between 1X and EVDO. With my Q I was able to dial ##* and lock on to one or the other. I've looked around and can't seem to find anything on it. Anyone have any ideas?
No. But I, like you, am experiencing the same thing. I have not really searched for an answer, but I will be monitoring this thread. Believe me.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:50 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Scotty0844 is a n00b

So nobody has any suggestions or ideas on how to fix this?
Old 03-13-2009, 11:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

jnngill is a n00b

It's the way CDMA phones work. They will use the service available. At my house it does the same thing. IT's because I'm just far enough away from the tower that across the street all I get is 1X and across the street in the other direction it locks on EVDO and is fast as could be.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnngill View Post
It's the way CDMA phones work. They will use the service available. At my house it does the same thing. IT's because I'm just far enough away from the tower that across the street all I get is 1X and across the street in the other direction it locks on EVDO and is fast as could be.
Should that be the case then that really bites.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:27 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Scotty0844 is a n00b

I know how CDMA phones work, but I'm sure theres a way to force the thing to only use one or the other. It's just a matter of finding out how and I will find it.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Titan / Touch Pro 2

mkeith813 is becoming a great contributor

definitely keep us posted because I am interested as well.

Currently Running: SSK
Old 03-15-2009, 07:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung OMNIA
Carrier: VZW

baaadandy is a n00b

So I'm guessing you want to force 1X, right? Don't wanna miss calls.. In all reality it shouldn't matter, if anything it might kill your battery life. What's the main reason you want to force it? Are you having problems? I've looked too and haven't found anything. There are lots of old Samsung CDMA codes to be found on Google but none that I have tried gave access to change the mode of operation. Maybe QPST would allow a mode change. I'll try it later and get back to this thread. I was going to suggest a femtocell but even if you boost 1X you will still flip back and forth if there is a strong enough EV signal to be had.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:20 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Are you just doing this for battery life?
Old 03-15-2009, 12:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

my interest in having this feature is to stop the bouncing around while I am downloading something. On my phone if I have one bar and I am down loading something it, hypothetically, will download at 150 kbs. When I move to another part of the house, and 3 bars appear it does not begin to download any faster. Eventhough it goes to Ev/ 4 bars. Or, if it does, it really elongates the download time.

This phone, is the only phone I ever had that will shift bars - quickly - on the fly. Maybe it is just Verizon. In my house i ALWAYS had four bars with my previous provider. In the basement In the bathroom, bed room etc. Now, I can go from 1X /1 bar to EV/3 bars from the time I walk in the same house until I take my coat off in my bedroom.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia