PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700, Asus A639
Carrier: Verizon

glitch is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Moving email & message storage

Does anyone know what I need to configure on the omnia to move the storage of text, sms, and email to "my storage" instead of windows\messaging?

Has anyone done this yet?

I've found a sites that list how to do this for wm5 & wm6 but a few stated that there were issues changing the reg keys on wm6.1

My work is asking us to keep in constant contact and use our exchange server if possible. This works fine except it is filling up my main memory very quickly, and that's with just 3 days stored. Currently \windows\messaging is taking up 20m of storage. I can limit what comes down but I'd prefer to just move it to "my storage"

I've already had too much fun w/ this getting around the security policy the exchange server keeps pushing down to me. I finally wrote a mortscript to set the policy settings, sync, and clear the security policy. which means I can only sync manually but it's better than having it lock every 15 min and having to enter a 6 char password w/ upper and lower case alpha, and numbers everytime I want to use it.

tia
Old 03-10-2009, 02:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Moving email & message storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitch View Post
Does anyone know what I need to configure on the omnia to move the storage of text, sms, and email to "my storage" instead of windows\messaging?

Has anyone done this yet?

I've found a sites that list how to do this for wm5 & wm6 but a few stated that there were issues changing the reg keys on wm6.1

My work is asking us to keep in constant contact and use our exchange server if possible. This works fine except it is filling up my main memory very quickly, and that's with just 3 days stored. Currently \windows\messaging is taking up 20m of storage. I can limit what comes down but I'd prefer to just move it to "my storage"

I've already had too much fun w/ this getting around the security policy the exchange server keeps pushing down to me. I finally wrote a mortscript to set the policy settings, sync, and clear the security policy. which means I can only sync manually but it's better than having it lock every 15 min and having to enter a 6 char password w/ upper and lower case alpha, and numbers everytime I want to use it.

tia
for email storage you only have to go into the email options and change the storage location....as for text messages I don't know of any reg hacks for this but I use MemMaid and it has a "tweak" that allows you to set all ur storage options...its not a free program but it does has a 15 day trial, someone here may know how to do what ur looking for through the registry but MemMaid is the easiest and its a program well worth the money..

If you've had WinMo for a while the email options are in the same location - open one of ur email accounts, click menu/tools/options/storage there u will see a check box to have attachments stored on ur storage card, MemMaid will move anything else...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia