PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 11:40 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
d3d

Have you all played any games showing off the 3d capabilities? I curious about the drivers, does the omnia has the same issues htc qualcomn 7200 chipset has with the improper d3d drivers?
Old 03-09-2009, 11:42 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Re: d3d

One reason I ask is because I played with this at a VZN store and was surprised how jerky the widgets move around. I was expecting a smooth fluid motion on the home screen.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Eris
Carrier: verizon

aleis is keeping up the good workaleis is keeping up the good work

if you are thinking of getting the omnia, when you see things like spb and md2 the last thing you`ll be thinking about is widgets!
and my omnia is fluid and smooth!

Phandroid!
Old 03-10-2009, 10:32 AM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
One reason I ask is because I played with this at a VZN store and was surprised how jerky the widgets move around. I was expecting a smooth fluid motion on the home screen.
Always soft reset a store model before trying. Besides, no today plugin from Samsung is hardware accelerated, hence D3D would be a non-issue from that standpoint.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Ahhh.. you would think samsung would make their primary UI hardware accelarated. Odd indeed. Well... what about Dragon Ball. Htc devices running on the 7200 chipset suckk royaly atit.Everyone says its because theres not proper d3d drivers which looks like the case. Anyone wit the omnia, download the trial of dragon balls and see if its smooth please.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia