PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

casinatorcxc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Contact Manager, SMS, and Dialer Quesions

I am new to WM and I love all of the customization that can be done. I am looking at a few different apps to run along with SPB Shell and I can't decide what to do. I have three apps I am looking into all with pros and cons. If anyone can help point me in the right direction that would be great. Thanks!

Phone Extension
The main thing I like about this app is the fact that it has a dialer. Dialers seem to be few and far between on the Omnia (WQVGA). Everything else here is good but doesn't really jump out and grab me like the other two. When scrolling through the contacts it tends to get jumpy somtimes.

PocketCM
I love this app (especially with the htctoucher gloss theme) but it is missing two key components: a dialer and a call log (I know you can look at it along with sms, but I would like a separate one). My favorite part has to be the SMS feature. It looks so professional and I love the text bubbles. It does have a tendency to jump around and not run as smooth as the Resco Contact though. With a dialer and a call log I would definitely go with this (if I could get it to run a little smoother that would be better too). I saw that Htctoucher has a gloss dialer that goes well with the contact manager but it doesn't work in WQVGA.

Resco Contact Manager
This program runs the best of the three but I would like for it to be skinable or at least have another color option. It definitely runs the smoothest of the three, but it also is missing a dialer. I like how it has a threaded read of your text messages but I wish it had one that functioned more like PocketCM's. One that had the look with the text bubbles, and one that allowed you to type right at the bottom of the screen while still seeing the other messages. This program does run with two flaws though. The phonepad doesn't stay up when I hit the button sometimes and the taskbar displays at the top over the program.

In all I am looking for an SMS app that looks like the one in PocketCM, very professional and lets me type while seeing my old messages (I tried out SmileySMS but it's not nearly the same). If possible I would like that to be integrated into a contact manager with pictures in the contact list and a call log to show all incoming, outgoing, and missed calls. And finally a dialer that goes along with the other two. Oh and if you could get all of that to run smoothly together that would be amazing.

Thanks!

(I am know I am being picky, but I figure I would see what thoughts others had. Thanks in advance!)
Old 03-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Lurker

steveme is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Contact Manager, SMS, and Dialer Quesions

Me too. Resco doesnt really work with 800w. Id love a all in one.

Suggestions?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia