PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 10:23 AM
Lurker

stefa_1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Screen Problem

Hello
Recently,I realized that I have a problem with my touch-screen.Especially,the area where is the letter Y and in landscape mode,U,doesn't work with my finger.The strange thing,is that,if I use a pen or my nail,there is no problem!Does anybode have a similar problem ?I used a lot of calibration hacks,hard reset but with no luck.What should I do ?
Thank you
Old 03-06-2009, 02:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Touch Screen Problem

Stefa....welcome to the community!! Sorry it has to be done with a problem, but that is the way a lot of us find this site!!

How long have you had your Omnia? If you have only had it a short time, and you have tried all the calibration tricks (I assume you tried the trick of using a toothpick, paperclip.....(something very thin) and centering it on the calibration point and pressing VERY gently until it registers) I would think about taking it in to be looked at and possible exchanged, you may have a weak spot on your screen.

BTW...do you have this problem in that area on other screens, or just with the keyboard showing? If you have that trouble in that area in other apps/screens as well, you definetly need to have it looked at/switched out!!

Let us know.

Old 03-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

stefa_1 is a n00b

I'v bought it ,on December 2008.There wasn't any problem with the touch screen or sth else.The problem with the touch screen,appeard few weeks ago.And it's not only in the keyboards,but in a spot in the screen...
I'm thinking buying a new digitizer from hong kong for 20 euro.
Is there any video about changing the digitizer ?
Thank you in advance!

Edit : Actually,this spot works,but it needs a lot of pressure in order to work.The other part of the screen , except from this,works perfectly

Last edited by stefa_1; 03-06-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

If you can get a digitizer that cheap and feel confident enough, I guess that may be the way to go. Either that, or if you have insurance on it, you could turn it in for a new one (under mine it would be $50). But if the screen has the troubles all the time like you just described you definetly need to do one or the other.

There is a post in here (I think it is stickied up top) that has diagrams + instructions on taking the Omnia apart!!

edit: My bad...not only isn't it stickied...it is the last thread on the last page!! Diesel posted it, if it helps, feel free to hit the thanks button :

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46644

Last edited by syrguy1969; 03-06-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia