PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

gaurhoth is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Time wrong on Text Messages

Samsung Omnia i910

Root Problem All text messages come in with Time showing -5 hours from real time. So it says 6:45am if it's really 11:45am.

Also noticed that the Omnia doesn't seem to sync the time with carrier automatically like other phones (that aren't windows mobile). I'm in Eastern time zone (-5 hours), so I'm sure it's some oddity with way the time is being reported with the TXT Message and my local time, but no idea how to fix it.

Any ideas what I'm missing or how to fix this?

Gaurhoth
Old 03-05-2009, 03:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Time wrong on Text Messages

Sounds like your time zone is set incorrectly. Check settings/System/Clock&Alarms. Make sure the Home time is set correctly.

Also, make sure that your PC is setup correctly as the time will sync with your PC through Activesync.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 03-05-2009, 03:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

gaurhoth is a n00b

Yes, both are set correctly (first thing I checked). Sorry, i should have mentioned that in original post.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia I910
Carrier: why is this required

nujackk is a n00b

Actually after dealing with this several times. The only fix so far is either a hard reset. (rather not)
Or have to change your time settings to wrong zone. hit ok soft reset then change back to correct zone soft reset. and will be fixed until next time. Last time it was a whole month before it got screwed up again. ( also think that doing a soft reset once a day is probably why it lasted so long. went 3 days with out a reset and it was messed up again)
Old 03-16-2009, 09:24 PM
Lurker

Derek_staine is a n00b
Exclamation Re: Time wrong on Text Messages

Do Not do a reset. go to the clock and alarms on windows not the samsung. set the time to visiting. it will give you save changes massage. select yes and then go back and change it back to the home time. Same thing click yes. then send a text to your self it should send out right and come back right. That was my fix. DO NOT USE THE SAMSUNG CLOCK TO CHANGE THIS.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia