PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 12:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Indredible
Carrier: Verizon

volsmcfalls is keeping up the good workvolsmcfalls is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
S2U2 v1.5 causing problems?

I recently installed the new S2U2 (v 1.5 I believe) and have run into some odd problems.

For some reason, from time to time, when I get an incoming call while the phone is locked, I hear the ringtone and the phone vibrates, but S2U2 doesn't show that I am receiving a call. I use the slide bar to unlock the phone, and it unlocks normally. The phone isn't telling me I am receiving a call. I can't answer or ignore it with the hard buttons. But, the missed call DOES show up in the call log. So I have no way of knowing who is calling me when it does this until AFTER they have called.

I thought this was related to my disabling the Samsung Dialer, but I have re-enabled the Samsung Dialer (I got tired of starting programs with my face ) and the problem persists.

The only other thing I can think of that might be causing this problem is that I am now using Imarche's SPBMS skinning app, but it's not really a "program" but is rather a series of scripts that run dependent of each other.

Also, another thing I am running into is that sometimes after I unlock the phone the original Samsung Menu pops up and I have to exit out of it.

Is anybody else having these problems?
Old 03-02-2009, 12:50 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Re: S2U2 v1.5 causing problems?

Its definitely a bug in 1.5. I was just experiencing this today.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Indredible
Threadstarter

volsmcfalls is keeping up the good workvolsmcfalls is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
Its definitely a bug in 1.5. I was just experiencing this today.
In regards to which issue? The incoming calls or the Samsung menu popping up?
Old 03-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work

I have had the call not showing up issue in the last few iterations of S2U2 including the current one, 1.5D that I am using on my Touch Pro...I can tell a call is coming in and see the phone ringing, but by the time I am able to unlock it the call can no longer be answered...and while it is ringing, S2U2 does not show me the name as you said...this does not happen 100% of the time, but enough that it's annoying...
Old 03-02-2009, 06:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

gaurhoth is a n00b

I haven't had that exact issue, but I have the Caller ID feature turned on in S2U2 and usually once or twice a day, a call will come in and neither hard buttons nor onscreen green/red buttons (from S2U2) will work to answer the call. I end up having to call the person back from Missed Calls.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia

devinc is keeping up the good workdevinc is keeping up the good work

I get these problems too. Just have to wait for AC to get out a fixed version.

Someone should probably alert him on the XDA forums. I will if I can remember.

Devin
Old 03-03-2009, 12:53 AM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

I was referring to the first issue.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

osyrus is just getting started

I have expierenced in my touch pro that as long as I dont have the caller id feature on, then I can answer without problem.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:38 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i use s2u2 newest version and turn caller id off and use s2a for the caller id with 0 problems.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I almost hate to say this, but the latest version (1.50, not d) works flawlessly on my Omnia. I have had what is described in the OP happen with past versions, but it was very few and far between, and all I had to do was press the hardware phone button and the call came right through.

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia