PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2009, 05:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung omnia i900
Carrier: zain

unisat is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is there a way to minimize in omnia

Hi,

Is there a minimize function for omnia like in pcs.

Thanks for any info
Old 02-26-2009, 06:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Is there a way to minimize in omnia

You can always use a task managing-type of app. A lot of the apps in WM don't close even if you want them to, but of course the one you want to stay open will close everytime!!

MagicButton is a cool little app that you can minimize an app with, bring up a list and go back to app of choice, and other little goodies (and it's free):

http://www.trancreative.com/mb.aspx

Old 02-26-2009, 06:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

seanosaur is keeping up the good workseanosaur is keeping up the good workseanosaur is keeping up the good work

If you're referring to minimizing an app then yes. The X in the top right corner minimizes as opposed to closing out the app.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:28 PM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

In theory seanosaur....your right, and as I mentioned, it seems you can build quite a list of running apps when you really think they are closing, but I find an app like MagicButton can minimize + close apps in a fast, convienient way (no questioning if it closed or not), even with the apps that have an 'exit' built in (for true closing)!!
Old 02-27-2009, 12:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

seanosaur is keeping up the good workseanosaur is keeping up the good workseanosaur is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
In theory seanosaur....your right, and as I mentioned, it seems you can build quite a list of running apps when you really think they are closing, but I find an app like MagicButton can minimize + close apps in a fast, convienient way (no questioning if it closed or not), even with the apps that have an 'exit' built in (for true closing)!!
so essentially MagicButton is a task switcher. or did i interpret that wrong?
Old 02-27-2009, 10:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung omnia i900
Carrier: zain
Threadstarter

unisat is a n00b

MagicButton is indeed a cool application. Am trying it to discover all its features.

Thanks a lot.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:33 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanosaur View Post
so essentially MagicButton is a task switcher. or did i interpret that wrong?
Yes, and a very good one at that. There are others out there (I have heard good things about HTC's as well), but MagicButton is small in memory, easy to instal + use, and as unisat implies....has more than just the 'task-switcher' capability! It is a really cool, dependable little app!!
Old 02-27-2009, 12:30 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

I use wkTask, mainly because I find the launcher to be indispensable once you start using it.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia