PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2009, 12:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW Imagio/ Alltel Touch Pro/ VZW Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

bam0112 is keeping up the good workbam0112 is keeping up the good workbam0112 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Skyfire 0.9 released today. WQVGA support

In case you don't know, Skyfire released version 0.9 today. This one has support for the Omnia. So no more needing the WVGAfix.

Get it here: http://get.skyfire.com/
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Re: Skyfire 0.9 released today. WQVGA support

Good obs, but already covered here..http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=57411

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW Imagio/ Alltel Touch Pro/ VZW Omnia i910
Threadstarter

bam0112 is keeping up the good workbam0112 is keeping up the good workbam0112 is keeping up the good work

Doh! I knew I shouldn't have just searched the omnia forum here before I posted that. My bad.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: samsung omnia i910

steve austin is just getting started
Thumbs up Re: Skyfire 0.9 released today. WQVGA support

I have read where people discussed Skyfire. It was no big deal to me. Installed it yesterday and man am I surprised. Besides the god-aweful navigation and poor pixel rendering at times I was impressed.

I am used to going to a site, clicking a video/show, waiting for the download screen and then playing. Yesterday I went to Hulu just for the fun of it and clicked on the tv show "Life". Lo and behold the episode was off and running. I actually did a double take because I was waitning to download.

A lot of people are complaing that it is not improved to them. I have never used it so I was a pleasant surprise. Besides the two things I listed as drawbacks above there was one onther thing.

As the show played it felt like I just took an apple pie out of the oven with no mit. My Omnia was almost on fire. It ususally gets mildly warm when I am downloading, but it was very hot. Has anyone experienced this as well?

Anyway, if the Omnia had Opera with flash capabilities to begin with it would have really been a plus. Hopefully the final version of this or Opera can step up to the plate because I really like the navigation with Opera and would hate to change.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: THE INCREDIBLE "DROID I"
Carrier: Veriz-off

naejae730 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam0112 View Post
In case you don't know, Skyfire released version 0.9 today. This one has support for the Omnia. So no more needing the WVGAfix.

Get it here: http://get.skyfire.com/
Thanks SOO much for the info. I LOVE Skyfire and heard my previous version (used on the 6800) wasn't compatible. Thought I was going to be stuck using Opera. Ugh!

"The difference between a SMART person and a WISE person is that a SMART person knows what to say, and a WISE person knows whether to say it or not".
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia