PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009, 05:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Since we are all VZW users (so far)!!!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...605#post709605

Take a look over here, I think it may be useful to a few of you!!!!

Old 02-12-2009, 06:56 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Re: Since we are all VZW users (so far)!!!

I love you.

No, seriously. I might have to leave my wife.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:58 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

How is it "'This is a milestone in the industry,” said Mike Lanman, vice president and chief marketing officer for Verizon Wireless. 'For the first time our customers can take control over their personal calling plans, build it to suit their needs yet still reap the benefits of being on the nation’s most reliable wireless network. And since there are no long distance charges, those numbers can be anywhere in the country. There is no charge to sign up and no charge, ever, to make changes to their Friends & Family calling directory.'"? T-mob and Alltel have had this

Old 02-12-2009, 07:04 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Who cares? I care more about the feature, than what some stupid marketting rep says.

We all know how cluesless they are, regardless of the company.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:58 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Marketing is just spin-doctoring what the company you represent to look good, so I can understand the rep saying what he did. Basically I knew this would happen eventually when VZW purchased Alltel!! It is always like that when two large companies combine...the best features of each rise to the top, and I think that was the big thing Alltel had on the competition...the family circle plan........and now.....we have it!!!!
Old 02-12-2009, 08:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

Schenley is a n00b

I don't get it, though... If I was able to put in 10 numbers for the most frequently used numbers, I would probably have about 40 minutes a month of other calls. You still need to have a 900 minute plan!

My wife and I are on the 700 shared minutes, and never use em all up.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Rezound

phattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
How is it "'This is a milestone in the industry,” said Mike Lanman, vice president and chief marketing officer for Verizon Wireless. 'For the first time our customers can take control over their personal calling plans, build it to suit their needs yet still reap the benefits of being on the nation’s most reliable wireless network. And since there are no long distance charges, those numbers can be anywhere in the country. There is no charge to sign up and no charge, ever, to make changes to their Friends & Family calling directory.'"? T-mob and Alltel have had this

It's probable only because of the alltel merger that they now actually have this feature!

i was thinking the same damn thing!
Old 02-12-2009, 09:11 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

And there lies the marketing plan!! Only people who use a lot of minutes can utilize this, but when you do, your minutes go down to below what you need to use the plan (mine will)!!!! I figure if you need 900 minutes to use this, and while using it you use about 500 minutes, in theory your paying more that you need to, but I figure it this way....you may not use all the minutes your paying for, but you can go crazy on the numbers you normally would pay for....AKA....more phone-time for the same amount of money per month!!!!

(confusing I know, but that's marketing for you....almost as bad as politics LOL)
Old 02-12-2009, 09:12 PM
VIP Member

phattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenley View Post
I don't get it, though... If I was able to put in 10 numbers for the most frequently used numbers, I would probably have about 40 minutes a month of other calls. You still need to have a 900 minute plan!

My wife and I are on the 700 shared minutes, and never use em all up.

Yeah man...

You and i are on opposite ends of the spectrum.
I have the "Everything" plan, which includes unlimited minutes, but regardless, neither of us can use it.

it's obviously not for everyone... bummer
Old 02-12-2009, 09:16 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
And there lies the marketing plan!! Only people who use a lot of minutes can utilize this, .........

But use enough to justify an unlimited plan... and you're just as screwed.

they're not giving anything away, but if it gives some a warm fuzzy... well, then you are right, the marketing team did there jobs!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia