PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009, 02:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6900, Samsung Omnia i910, Moto Droid, Droid X
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

criccarr is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Omnia I910 and Sony PSP WiFi

funny thing happened yesterday, I was thinking that wile waiting for an update for skyfire to work with the Omnia so I can watch Hulu.com I would connect my sons PSP using the WMWifiRouter. Thinking its an open network and no encryption problems it would be a breeze. My computer, 6700 and friends 6800 and 6850 have no problems seeing it and connecting however, the PSP only comes up with "Unsupported Network" and will not allow me to select it as it is grayed out. I was wondering if anyone else has tried to connect the PSP using the WMWifiRouter and the Omnia and if so what was the result. If you did get it to work, how was that accomplished. Thanks in advance.Ric"A man will fight harder for his interests than his rights"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

porkchop is a n00b
Re: Omnia I910 and Sony PSP WiFi

Same thing happened to me with our Wii. The Wii finds the WIFI signal but can't connect. I wish there was a way to make it work so I could cancel our DSL.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW Imagio/ Alltel Touch Pro/ VZW Omnia i910

bam0112 is keeping up the good workbam0112 is keeping up the good workbam0112 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by criccarr View Post
funny thing happened yesterday, I was thinking that wile waiting for an update for skyfire to work with the Omnia so I can watch Hulu.com I would connect my sons PSP using the WMWifiRouter. .....
Well I can't help you with your PSP wifi problem, but I can help you with your skyfire problem. There is a skyfire cab for the omnia over at the modaco site. Here is the link: http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-o...ire-for-omnia/

Edit... Or just go to the skyfire website. They released a new version today that supports the omnia. (noticed this after I posted)

Last edited by bam0112; 02-13-2009 at 12:36 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC INCREDIBLE
Carrier: VERIZON

1jhon1 is a n00b

Well this is the first time posting and im a real nob when it comes to this but i had the same problem with my ps3 it seas the WMWifiRouter signal but no go. i previously had a lg9700 dare and i bout a 3g router for it would dial out automatically and i had no problem geting a wireless conection with it. when i went to try and conect my omnia i910 to the routher it dous nothing. dont know wat the problems is if any one has any ideas on for the 3g router or the WMWifiRouter on the phone i would greatly apreciate it.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

pickthecrowdup is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to pickthecrowdup

I am a 6800 user and have been researching this for some time now. I don't know anyone that can make WMWifirouter and PSP work together. Please, tell me how this is accomplished. Thanks.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia