PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 09:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: verizon

varshaska is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Omnia 900 vs 910?

New to the site, and very pumped to get my Omnia. I should have it by the end of next week. I enjoy the site and look forward to doing all the things to it I found on this site

So I am doing a lot of reading on this site, and seeing people talk about the omnia 900 and 910. What is the difference between the two. I just bought mine from Verizon, and the receipt shows it is a 910.

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks
Old 02-08-2009, 12:47 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Re: Omnia 900 vs 910?

i900--international version, not in the US. Supports GSM and GSM 3G.
i910--CDMA version of the i900. Does not support GSM, and only supports EVDO.

Differences? Not many. The i900 comes in 8 and 16gb flavors, while the i910 only 8gb. THe i900 GPS is unlocked unlike the VZW version, which rumor has it that is going to change. THe i910 has visual voice mail, and Mobile IM preinstalled. The i900 does not. THere are many ROM versions, supported and custom, out for the i900. The i910 has only one thus far. The i900 has video calling and hence a second, front-facing camera. The i910 does not. The i900 has Samsung Today 2 enabled out of the box--the i910 does not. It requires a cab install (waste of space) or a registry hack.

Thats pretty much it. I am sure there is more, but those are the most major differences.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:26 PM
.:DoWorkSon:.
Pocket PC: .:OD:.Incredible:.DroidX:.iPhone4:.ThunderBolt:.
Carrier: Verizon

GrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to GrandMasterB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
i900--international version, not in the US. Supports GSM and GSM 3G.
i910--CDMA version of the i900. Does not support GSM, and only supports EVDO.

Differences? Not many. The i900 comes in 8 and 16gb flavors, while the i910 only 8gb. THe i900 GPS is unlocked unlike the VZW version, which rumor has it that is going to change. THe i910 has visual voice mail, and Mobile IM preinstalled. The i900 does not. THere are many ROM versions, supported and custom, out for the i900. The i910 has only one thus far. The i900 has video calling and hence a second, front-facing camera. The i910 does not. The i900 has Samsung Today 2 enabled out of the box--the i910 does not. It requires a cab install (waste of space) or a registry hack.

Thats pretty much it. I am sure there is more, but those are the most major differences.
Well versed reply , very informative. THANKS!
Old 02-09-2009, 02:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: verizon
Threadstarter

varshaska is a n00b

Thank you very much for the info. Such a great help!!!!

Dave
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia