PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 01:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Hope for Omnia in PPC Kitchen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel12 View Post
The two chefs that have an omnia (nex and i) bricked at least 3 omnia's trying to build a rom from the stock rom on the omnia. It wont work at this point in time, and we cant be sure that we will have a working iteration of a kitchen when samsung/ vzw release the gps fix rom, but i hope thats all it takes. IMO it is a problem with the bootloader and not having a proper RUU for the 910 at the moment. We tried using the RUU for the i900 and it did flash, but never really got out of bootloader mode. Shipped/ official release rom should fix this issue for us.

I say go ahead and get it, it is an amazing phone and IMO the best phone in VZW lineup, i just wish it had a hardware keyboard.

Free tethering has already been worked out, just install internet sharing. and wmwifi-router if it interests you. GPS will be unlocked with stock update, so that should be all you need right?
wmwifi-router must not be free since I don't see any cabs out there...anyone know how much it cost?

all I need??? not even close but I'm in no rush I know skyfire will have wqvga support sometime in February, at least thats whats I've been reading...but right now I can't get Opera mobile to play flash or java enabled web-sights...i've been messing around with it but nothing works...

If u have it set to view pages as a Desktop, youtube doesn't work...I have a few other little things that I would like but they can wait...

Last edited by pdub73; 02-02-2009 at 01:31 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Actually changing the splash-screen and startup GIF is able to be done as well. If your interested in it, I'll dig up the thread for it, it isn't hard to do at all!!!

Old 02-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: vogue/titan/omnia/ sprint touch pro gone vzw
Carrier: vzw

angel12 is becoming a great contributor

No, wifirouter isnt free anymore, but its produced by a community member and worth the cost imo. And skyfire now works on wqvga afaik with the .9 update released today
Old 02-02-2009, 11:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel12 View Post
No, wifirouter isnt free anymore, but its produced by a community member and worth the cost imo. And skyfire now works on wqvga afaik with the .9 update released today
I would pay for the wifi router...I can't find this latest skyfire release...I found a link and registered for the site but I haven't gotten my email to finish the registration so I'm waiting...

okay I got it...and tested it "skyfire" that is it works pretty good, I will continue to play around with it and let u know of any bugs...

Last edited by pdub73; 02-03-2009 at 12:40 AM.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Robtao is keeping up the good workRobtao is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOCKMAMA View Post
HTC promises they will come out with something comparable soon and when they do I may be interested.
I know some may not have this opportunity, but I am a gadget freek and I get what I want, so trial and error is an option for me. If something else better comes out I'll switch again.
Thanks. Any idea about models from HTC?

Verizon: XV6700, XV6800 w/ROMs cooked in PPCGeeks Kitchen, Omnia i910 with cac2us ROM and Omnia 2 with Ninja4Hire's ROMS.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

smilepak is keeping up the good worksmilepak is keeping up the good work

I think WMWIFIROUTER version 0.91 is still free. The license agreement still specify free for personal usage.
http://knguyentu.com/wordpress/categ...g/cell-phones/
(Support The Site By Visiting Google's Link)
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia