PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 12:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

TheShaz is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to TheShaz
Question Day 3 with the Omnia - some hangups

OK -going on the 3rd day with my i910 Omnia.

So far I really like the device. The Samsung Widget home screen lasted about 1 day. Installed SPB Shell and Imarche skins for it. Loving the layout, still tweaking it but I am enjoying it.

OK - bummed about the GPS still being locked, 2 days of playing with Verizon Navigator.....yuck. I have a GPSlim236 BT reciever. Pairing was easy. But in the system menu....there's no GPS Icon. My brother's VZ TP before I popped the GPS for him, I noticed that icon on his device. I assume, and pray...that there is a REG EDIT HACK to get that going. Because after pairing and trying every port possible - Windows Live Search cannot find the GPS.

The other issue. I have only done a couple of REG EDITS on this device. I did the NET 3.5 to be default hack and the one that stops the keyboard from popping up on it's own. SO...... Audio Levels. I see there are some audio hacks out there and want to know which one applies to me. The speaker vol could be higher, but its on the BT paired to either my stereo headset or the T505 FM transeiver. Some things are low in volume like Pandora, but if I play Touch player, the volume level is normal. And Windows Voice Command, you can barely hear the reply from the device either via device speaker or bluetooth.

And finally...in my Touch Vogue days....there was a app I had that was a task manager that was located on the close "X" you pressed and held and it showed open apps that you can end or end "ALL APPS" . . . . I can't find it. I know I still have the cab file on my PC but I dont want to try all of them....what's the name of that program?

Other than those minor issues....having a blast with this device. Installed the flashlight app....damn that LED is bright! I can connect to ORB with ease and access TV and Audio/Video/Image files with ease.

I am enjoying this device.....while I wait to figure out those above issues....next on my hit-list ist the tether/WMWifiRouter hack
Old 01-26-2009, 06:51 AM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Re: Day 3 with the Omnia - some hangups

For the "x", use wkTaksk.

For the audio...I would personally try the newaudio one I posted in the hacks thread, on or near the last page.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Great - thanks for the reply....

Any idea on using an external BT GPS? I got them paired - but there's no icon for "EXTERNAL GPS" what gives with that?
Old 01-26-2009, 10:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

There was a tweak to show the GPS icon, but I never looked to closely at it because without having GPS I wasn't interested in seeing the icon. I will look it up if your really interested, but I am sure when GPS is unlocked the icon will be available as well!!

Old 01-26-2009, 12:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Eris
Carrier: verizon

aleis is keeping up the good workaleis is keeping up the good work

this should do it:

Modify the
HKLM -> ControlPanel -> GPS settings
by removing the Redirect entry.

Phandroid!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks - that did the trick!

Got the GPS via BT dongle working....so at least I can play with the BETTER GPS apps.

Right now I prefer Windows Live Search....love the voice recongnition, GAS prices(yes they are goin back up).
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia