PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 12:11 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

fraze is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SMS Chat App?

I'm looking for something a little more stylish than the normal SMS interface. Is there something cool? Preferably free, but willing to shell out a few $$$...

Thanks
Old 01-23-2009, 10:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: SMS Chat App?

PocketCM is one I have used for a couple years, I really like the look, it is customizablr, and new skins are being made as we speak (Tene just released a new version of PocketCM that needs new skins):

http://pocketcm.com/index.php

Old 03-15-2009, 12:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: motorola
Carrier: starhub

benjilim is a n00b

thanks.. i still prefer winterface's sms chat.. but.. trail version only..
anywae.. can i intergrate the PCM to take over my windows sms?
for eg, im using pointui for my today screen, when i tap on the messaging, it auto goes to me default messaging screen.
am i able to switch it to the PCM?

Last edited by benjilim; 03-15-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue

casinatorcxc is a n00b

I am looking for the same thing. A good looking SMS chat application that I can set to be my default when I hit the SMS button in SPB shell. I really like the text bubbles like on the iPhone and some of the skins for PocketCM. I would use PocketCM but it runs slow for me and there is no stand alone call log. If either of those two things can be fixed I would be extremely happy. Thanks!
Old 03-16-2009, 12:31 AM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Check the tweak thread that is stickied for info on how to set your default SMS app in SPB.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

skrump is a n00b

I'd toss in another vote in search of a better SMS chat program for this phone... I'll try out PocketCM, thought about trying Vito Chat as well, but when I googled the site McAfee SiteAdvisor had it flagged as a red site ("Linked to Red Site"). I haven't heard anything bad about that program, but didn't think it was worth risking it...
Old 03-16-2009, 11:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

skrump....I still swear by PocketCM. It is always under development, so you know you will get support, and I find it pretty easy to use. I have never had any problems with it, and any questions usually get answered pretty fast on the main site, or the XDA support thread!
Old 03-17-2009, 12:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: omnia i910
Carrier: verizon

bedojo is a n00b

is there tweaks to get PocketCM integrated, so like if i click on my txt icon on ST2 then it will go there instead of to the built in one?
Old 03-17-2009, 10:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: VZW

Corey_Smith is just getting started

Anyone else have difficulty getting PocketCM to install to My Storage? For some reason it defaults to the default Program Files directory which is already at 82%. I've installed everything possible to the My Storage section and I'm still at 82%. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 03-17-2009, 10:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey_Smith View Post
Anyone else have difficulty getting PocketCM to install to My Storage? For some reason it defaults to the default Program Files directory which is already at 82%. I've installed everything possible to the My Storage section and I'm still at 82%. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
It is probably hard coded to go to that file. SOme items have to be installed to main memory to work correctly.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia