PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 09:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

dmitt25 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bluetooth and the Omnia

Hey people I've been a lurker on this site for about 2.5 years. I previously had a Verizon XV6700. I bought the Omnia about 3 weeks ago and so far am pretty happy with it. It has a few quirks and things I still have left to fix, but thanks to all of you smarter-than-me people, I know that all the things I don't like about it are all fixable with just a few forum searches! Anyway, I couldn't find any information about using bluetooth instead of the stupid dongle for headphones... is this possible? I'm a total newb when it comes to bluetooth, I mean I can synch an earbud to my phone and all, but I don't know much else other than how to use one for phone calls. Any help? Thanks in advance! Don
Old 01-21-2009, 11:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Bluetooth and the Omnia

BT works GREAT!!!! I have used a few different headsets and find it to be strong + reliable with it's pairings. VC over BT works well also. If you want stereo BT, they work great with the Omnia. I have tried the Motorola smaller ones (can't remember the model). For pairing, I have mine paired to a Mac at work, and it works great. I find my Omnia detecting BT devices farther away than I thought it could go LOL!!!!

If you mean anything else, let me know.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

dmitt25 is a n00b

Actually yeah, I guess what I meant to say in all my ramblings, was that in Win Media player or "Touch" player, how do I get the sound to come through the BT headset? Is that possible?

For calls, it works great, but I wanna use it as "headphones" for videos or music... how do I do that?
Old 01-22-2009, 10:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon Omnia

Lars1 is a n00b

You need a stereo blutooth headset (I don't think it will work with a mono device). I picked up the Jabra BT3030 yesterday and I think I'm in love!!
It paired right up and when it's turned on you press play on TouchPlayer for music or video and it comes right through. The only thing I'm noticing is a slight lag in the audio when I'm watching a video, has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix?

I am a new Omnia owner (about a week) and I think we will get along well. It sure is alot more fun than my 6800.

Thank you all for being as passionate as you are about your phones.

I love this forum!!

BTW, I would love some instruction on how to install the imarche skins, I have SPB Mobile Shell 2.1.4 but the instructions for installing skins are the most convoluted I have seen. Can some one make it simple for a newb like me?

Thanks in advance,

Lars1
Old 01-23-2009, 12:09 AM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars1 View Post
You need a stereo blutooth headset (I don't think it will work with a mono device). I picked up the Jabra BT3030 yesterday and I think I'm in love!!
It paired right up and when it's turned on you press play on TouchPlayer for music or video and it comes right through. The only thing I'm noticing is a slight lag in the audio when I'm watching a video, has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix?

I am a new Omnia owner (about a week) and I think we will get along well. It sure is alot more fun than my 6800.

Thank you all for being as passionate as you are about your phones.

I love this forum!!

BTW, I would love some instruction on how to install the imarche skins, I have SPB Mobile Shell 2.1.4 but the instructions for installing skins are the most convoluted I have seen. Can some one make it simple for a newb like me?

Thanks in advance,

Lars1
Lars1....What have you done so far? All you need to do is download the Omnia package from the site, unzip it, and save the folder to your My Memory (I placed it in my Prograns folder to make it easy on myself). After that, you explore to the folder, and click the install script (in the script folder).

Or...as Imache wrote:

Installation Instructions:
Extract the whole .zip file into your storage card and execute the "Install_*****.mscr" script; set the user language.
A SOFT RESET is required to active the connection status icon refresh (you can also run the script "ScanStatus.mscr").
dmitt25...as Lars1 stated, you usually need a stereo BT device to listen to anything other than a phone call, but I have this little tweak you may enjoy. I didn't mak eit, but it is a BT toggle. You turn on your BT, hit the toggle icon, and listen to EVERYTHING on your BT (no speaker sound). Hit the toggle icon when your done, and sound is filtered through the speaker again!!!

Let me know if you need more help!!
Attached Files
File Type: cab BTaudio.cab (2.9 KB, 89 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

dmitt25 is a n00b

YES!! That's exactly what I was looking for! Thank you VERY MUCH!

Works great! and no STUPID DONGLE now!
Old 01-24-2009, 07:11 PM
VIP Member

Cool....glad you like it. It isn't true stereo sound, but it works great, and is a cheap alternative until you want to invest in a stereo BT!!

(great for listening to podcasts!!!)
Old 01-24-2009, 10:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia

TheShaz is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to TheShaz
Thumbs up Re: Bluetooth and the Omnia

Bluetooth stereo is the way to go.

I have a Jabra BT 620's had them for over a year back when I had the T-Moble MDA. Work great for listening to music or ANY audio from the devices.

For the car, I overwhemingly recommend the Motorla T505. It's a BT to FM transceier. Mounts on your car's visor - your phone links to that, then it transmits that audio to stereo FM, has nice circuitry that finds the best empty FM channel for you.

Because the Omnia's connector is on the side, and the propietary connector doesn't look like the toughest thing in the world. I want to limit it's use to just charging the device personally.

Enjoy!
Old 01-25-2009, 12:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

dmitt25 is a n00b

yeah.. I totally agree about the connectors and the like... being that it's on the side, it doesn't allow you to put it in your pocket... I had thought about getting a set of bluetooth headphones, but I don't know that I have enough opportunity to listen to music in my daily life, work etc. to warrant the purchase. (I have a rather expensive iRiver mp3 player I bought a few years ago that lives in the closet covered in a thick layer of dust) I have a passion for car audio, where I DO get to listen to music, AND LOUD, so I took advantage there so anyway... I dunno, I'll keep that avenue open, cuz it's not like a huge investment or anything...

Thanks again for the help! Another satisfied customer!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia