PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 07:57 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Trying to love the Omnia but its hard

Silverinbox has been disabled for obvious reasons though. Its not ready for primetime. If it was, it would be a menu option, and its not, not even on the i900.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:27 PM
Lurker

big51ben is a n00b

I understand the not ready for primetime - but it is a great finger friendly app in concept just not a reliable app.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:28 PM
Lurker

big51ben is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
For the difficult to use "x" issue, install wkTask and use this theme:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36553

As for the other issues--SPB Mobile shell with imarche themes might go far in alleviating your disappointment.
Nice tweak - thank you
Old 01-19-2009, 09:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

hop2000 is becoming a great contributor

There are also a ton of other reg edits that will help make it a little more finger friendly. I really like the tweak that increases the scroll bars. It makes using them much easier.

See here...
Increase Scroll Bar Thickness (for finger friendly) - http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...&postcount=229

I would try spending a little more time getting used to the optical mouse. I have found it to be very effective once you get used to it. I would also suggest downloading the changefingermouse file that allows you to change between the d-pad and mouse settings using a hard key on your phone. You can find that on the first page here...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51532

Also, have you tried Samsung Today 2. I like it A LOT more than any of the other standard options that came with the Omnia. You can find that in the first page of the above link for the changefigermouse tweak.

I was in the same boat as you when I first got my Omnia. I really loved the hardware, but did not like the "feel' of what it was running on. After a few days of reg eidts, tweaks, and downloads it's turing into a pretty nice device.

Next on my list is to play around with some of the skins out there. TF2D and SPB seem like they are worth looking into. I had the XV6900 and loved the touchflow app. Let us know how you make out.

Last edited by hop2000; 01-19-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:09 AM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Looks like silverinbox has been updated with new features in newer ROMs, like DXHK2 and later for the i900. I can't seem to find a download where someone has extracted it though
Old 01-20-2009, 07:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

bigben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbigben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbigben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbigben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I use my phone more for emails than voice calls. Having Silverinbox work correctly would be terrific improvement.

Also thanks for the tweak on the scroll bars. I actually like the finger sensitive scrolling. In most cases after applying a couple of the tweaks it seems to work fairly well.

Also, while I don't spending money to make a system useable, SPB Shell seems to be a very finger friendly option.

Again thanks to all the input.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Eris
Carrier: verizon

aleis is keeping up the good workaleis is keeping up the good work

glad to see your doing better

Phandroid!
Old 01-20-2009, 09:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

bigben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbigben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbigben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbigben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Now I bump into the sudden problem of the Omnia turning by itself.

Turns out the battery gets loose and you have to insert a small piece of paper on top of the battery to tighten it up.

Wow.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Eris
Carrier: verizon

aleis is keeping up the good workaleis is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Now I bump into the sudden problem of the Omnia turning by itself.

Turns out the battery gets loose and you have to insert a small piece of paper on top of the battery to tighten it up.

Wow.
UUHN!

i would hate that...
i would actually take THAT one back.
i`ve had it shut off once in my 2 months of having it (i was probably the 10th person to have the verizon omnia, got it on 11/28/0.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia