PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2008, 07:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vx 6700, Touch, Samsung Omnia, Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon

iclickjohn is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Saving files during hard reset

I'm planning to do a hard reset. I am using PIMbackup to recover files.
I need to know:

1. Does the "my memory" erase as well or do files remain?
2. Where are the Opera Favorite/bookmarks stored?
3. Is there anyway to leave out stuff. (never mind I know the answer to that one)
4. Anyone have a ROM yet for Verizon Omnia i910 that is low memory?

Thanx, John
Old 12-27-2008, 08:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Re: Saving files during hard reset

When you do a hard reset, your device returns to the condition it was in when you first unboxed it. Make sure you run a complete backup right before you hard reset, that way you have the most recent data when you restore. Check to be sure that PIMBackup backs up EVERYTHING, settings, apps, email,SMS, etc. If not, SPB or Resco, may be what you're looking for. As for any custom ROM's for the Omnia, not sure, as I'm a 700WX user.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I have done a few hard resets, and on the hard reset screen, it gives the option of resetting the main device, My Memory, or both. I have hit the both selection by mistake once, and it didn't touch the My Memory (I am assuming you need to check the My Memory box to include it), but to be safe (assuming you don't want to erase your My Memory) I would just chose the reset option next to the device memory and you should be good to go!!

Old 12-28-2008, 10:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

iceman5100 is becoming a great contributor

Are There Any Good Backup Programs That A Freeware??????
Old 12-29-2008, 10:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman5100 View Post
Are There Any Good Backup Programs That A Freeware??????
I am not sure about a complete backup app, but there is a free PIM backup app found here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=299705

I will keep my eyes open, but quite honestly, I think purchasing a good backup app (I use SPB) is more than worth the money!!!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia