PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2008, 12:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: pre plus
Carrier: Verizon

cveklund is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery Meter

I Just Got a Verizon Omnia. I have installed the VistaHide Battery Meter. It will only move in 20% incraments. Also, S2U2 does the same thing. While charging, they both just show a full battery. S2U2 doesn't even show charging progress like it did on my 6800, Just a full battery. Does anyone have the same problem, and what can I do to fix it. The Power tab in the control panel shows an acurate line (I'm guessing, because it doesn't just move in 20%).

Thanks,
Chris
Old 12-17-2008, 04:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: vogue/titan/omnia/ sprint touch pro gone vzw
Carrier: vzw

angel12 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Battery Meter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cveklund View Post
I Just Got a Verizon Omnia. I have installed the VistaHide Battery Meter. It will only move in 20% incraments. Also, S2U2 does the same thing. While charging, they both just show a full battery. S2U2 doesn't even show charging progress like it did on my 6800, Just a full battery. Does anyone have the same problem, and what can I do to fix it. The Power tab in the control panel shows an acurate line (I'm guessing, because it doesn't just move in 20%).

Thanks,
Chris
My guess is that the omnia detects battery level in a way not yet implemented with any battery meter. i really dont like how it tells me my batt is needing charging at 40% tho
Old 12-17-2008, 04:44 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i just posted new s2u2 version, try it. version 137 http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49453
Old 12-17-2008, 09:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I agree with Angel12. I notice I don't get a true reading from VistaHide, or SPB and S2U2 doesn't give the charging animation when plugged in. There must be some pretty big differences in a lot of the inner-workings of the newer Samsung models!!!

Old 12-17-2008, 01:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: pre plus
Threadstarter

cveklund is a n00b

Does anyone know what the driver is called for the battery? I was just thinking my 6800 was in 10% before, and someone (no2chem I think) made a driver that worked. I was thinking if we knew what it was, if we could take it from the gsm i900.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: vogue/titan/omnia/ sprint touch pro gone vzw
Carrier: vzw

angel12 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cveklund View Post
Does anyone know what the driver is called for the battery? I was just thinking my 6800 was in 10% before, and someone (no2chem I think) made a driver that worked. I was thinking if we knew what it was, if we could take it from the gsm i900.
or its prolly just the same driver as the gsm version...
no2chem actually wrote/ hacked the driver to do that on the titan
Old 12-20-2008, 12:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HT Apache XV6700 WM6 Pro, Thanks Helmi!!

JASTECH is a n00b

darren.wlsn1.
I too would be interested in a 1% increment Battery Meter. And also a Omnia Slide Lock w/o anything else. There are a lot of Omnia people on the Samsung-Omnia.org forum and asking for this. They state the Slide Lock by S2U2 gives errors on their Omnia's. But, it looks like I will be splitting the 900's due to differences that need to be addressed separately. The Verizon version i910 has the GPS locked out and we are trying to unlock it.

Thanks, JASTECH ô¿ô
Old 12-22-2008, 02:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Phantom27 is keeping up the good workPhantom27 is keeping up the good work

I use batti and works fine. It puts the bar on the top.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I actually noticed that the battery meter (Batti) isn't accurately showing the battery level. It is off a little. It says 20% in settings but Batti shows 30%. Batti will show 100% when settings shows 90%.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Ok, I didn't realize how big a pain in the butt this battery thing is until today. I thought my battery was almost full (S2U2 showed over half) and all of a sudden my phone call was ended because the battery was low!!!! I looked in the power settings and I was at about 20%.

This sucks!!! Battery life is one of the biggest things to me and I NEED an accurate battery meter!!!!

Someone HELP!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia