PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 11:48 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

iceman5100 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Battery Meter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom27 View Post
Ok, I didn't realize how big a pain in the butt this battery thing is until today. I thought my battery was almost full (S2U2 showed over half) and all of a sudden my phone call was ended because the battery was low!!!! I looked in the power settings and I was at about 20%.

This sucks!!! Battery life is one of the biggest things to me and I NEED an accurate battery meter!!!!

Someone HELP!!

I geting ready to install S2U2...is it really worth it????????
Old 12-29-2008, 12:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman5100 View Post
That really depends on what your looking for it to do really!!

-If your looking for a cool locking app, then yes!!

-If your looking for a really cool full-screen (ot thumb-nail) finger-friendly caller ID screen, then yes!!

-If your looking for a cool finger-friendly volume screen, then yes!!

The only two things that are 'buggy' on the Omnia is the battery indicator (most out there are though....in fact I don't think a fully reliable one has been found yet) and the carrier name in the upper left corner (solved easily with Personalizer)!!

To be fair, this thread is originally centered on the battery indicator, so if that is your center of interest, S2U2 may not be for you (YET.....A_C is always suprising us)!!

If you have any questions, please ask, hopefully we can help you determine if S2U2 is for you!!

Old 12-29-2008, 01:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Phantom27 is keeping up the good workPhantom27 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman5100 View Post
You won't know until you try it. It's great. Install it and give it a few days, you'll either love it or... uninstall it.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Phantom27 is keeping up the good workPhantom27 is keeping up the good work

To revive an old thread (instead of starting a new one)...

Has anyone found a solution to the battery meter not showing the correct value? I was hoping the newest version of S2U2 (1.5 I think) would fix that, but it didn't. Today it said I had 40% but I actually only had 20%. Crazy. This is really starting to bug me. I use SPB Pocket Plus because I love the meter across the top, but now it is basically worthless because it shows almost full when I'm about half!!!

Somebody who knows what they are doing has got to fix this.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:08 AM
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

My two cents.

Its gonna be hell to fix when Windows doesn't even report it correctly.

I am using Pocketshield, and its battery meter seems to be as inaccurate as the Windows one--which is the best I have seen thus far.

Pocketshield.net, make sure its the Omnia version.

This is one of those things that really irks me about Samsung. They have known its been an issue for almost a year, and have not lifted one finger to fix it. It is more critical, imo, than adding more stupid widgets as they have to the i900.

What was there reasoning for setting it up that way, in the first place? 20% increments is ridiculous to gauge battery life.

Last edited by Adrynalyne; 03-26-2009 at 05:18 AM.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:35 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

sofladavid is just getting started

I agree that 20% increments are annoying, and I would LOVE to find a way to change the 40% "low battery" threshold down to about 20%.

But Remember, the "standard" for cell phone battery meters (and most other handheld devices) has always been a picture of a battery with 5 "bars" inside it. Therefore each "bar" is 20%. (some only had 4 bars which would be 25% for each bar).

It was only when they tied a number to the bars that we decided 20% increments was not enough.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia