PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Omnia (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Omnia problems and solutions thread!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47514)

Kenzie's Grandma 07-04-2009 11:06 AM

Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

I hate to be a nuisance but I have another question if you don't mind. I purchased a Mahjong game from Handster that said it was for the Samnsung Omnia i910 and managed to get it installed (using the CAB file) and now it says that this version of the game doesn't support this screen resolution. Do you have any idea why and what should I do about it?

Thanks in advance

xPosTech 07-04-2009 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenzie's Grandma (Post 1014019)
I hate to be a nuisance but I have another question if you don't mind. I purchased a Mahjong game from Handster that said it was for the Samnsung Omnia i910 and managed to get it installed (using the CAB file) and now it says that this version of the game doesn't support this screen resolution. Do you have any idea why and what should I do about it?

Thanks in advance

I don't do games but I have a few apps that install with that disclaimer. They usually install and work just fine. They might not function in landscape mode, or not take full advantage of the screen resolution.

It doesn't look like Handster has a support forum. At least I couldn't find one using a couple of quick searches. Clicking on "Customer Support" on their site takes you to a page with a short FAQs list and contact information. They do state they have a money-back guarantee, so if the game will not function as you like I would definitely contact them.

Ted

Solange82200 07-04-2009 09:26 PM

I've been kind of discouraged buying games and stuff from handango or other sites like that. I always put that my phone is an i910, and then its supposed to only list games compatible with your phone. The couple of games I bought didnt work on my phone at all, and although they did end up giving me my money back, it makes me not even want to bother buying games anymore. I wish they would be careful and check and make sure they really know which game works for each phone, because I would spend money on them, I dont mind as long as it werent such a pain.

xPosTech 07-04-2009 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solange82200 (Post 1014750)
I've been kind of discouraged buying games and stuff from handango or other sites like that. I always put that my phone is an i910, and then its supposed to only list games compatible with your phone. The couple of games I bought didnt work on my phone at all, and although they did end up giving me my money back, it makes me not even want to bother buying games anymore. I wish they would be careful and check and make sure they really know which game works for each phone, because I would spend money on them, I dont mind as long as it werent such a pain.

I'm sure somebody somewhere has a list of games proven to work on our phones. It's just a matter of finding the list. :scratch:

Ted

Kenzie's Grandma 07-04-2009 10:02 PM

Thanks for your help everyone. I sent an email to their customer support so I guess we'll see what they say.

I'm sorry but I have another question, I'm just starting out with all these mobile apps and stuff. I downloaded some wallpapers that work really well on my phone (put them in the root of My Storage). I can set them as wallpapers by doing a long press, but only for the Today screen. Can anyone tell me how to get them so they will work for SPB Mobile? On the
SPB site they have some wallpapers that I downloaded and they do exactly the same thing. Also is it possible to have a different colour theme for the Today screen and for the SPB home page? I can have different wallpapers but if I change the theme on the Today screen it changes it for SPB as well.

One of these days I might run out of questions but not yet, lol.

Noblest 07-06-2009 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenzie's Grandma (Post 1014779)
Can anyone tell me how to get them so they will work for SPB Mobile? On the
SPB site they have some wallpapers that I downloaded and they do exactly the same thing. Also is it possible to have a different colour theme for the Today screen and for the SPB home page? I can have different wallpapers but if I change the theme on the Today screen it changes it for SPB as well.

One of these days I might run out of questions but not yet, lol.

Depending on the version of SPB mobile you have, it may be different. Assuming you have thier latest build, Ver. 3, you need to click in the lower right hand of the screen (lifestyle screen only) and click the option to change the background. From there you can browse to select the image you want.
The today screen is done thru regular settings, etc. Once you get used to SPB you won't use the today screen, no need at all. As far as I know the theme, I.E. the border colors will change everytime you change them, whether if for today screen or SPB. Just set them for SPB! If you have an older ver. of SPB, you may want to upgrade.

Kenzie's Grandma 07-06-2009 09:53 AM

Thanks for the help. I did finally get wallpapers to work for SPB. At first I couldn't find them but then I found a post that said to copy them directly into the Background file on SPB. That worked great, now when I click to change background they're all there.

I'm still having problems with the backgrounds not fitting though, it's like
SPB zooms in on them too much. Any ideas?

I think you're right about the Today screen, SPB has everything I need. I downloaded Imarch Skins so we'll see how I make out with that.

I'm still trying to learn how to configure all the screens and access them when I want but I'm loving this phone more and more all the time.
Thanks again for your help
Kathy

Noblest 07-06-2009 11:42 AM

Zooming in on them? Assuming you are speaking about the lifestyle screen, SPB does appear to be zooming in on the wall papers but that is because the lifestyle screen is split into three screens. The default screen is the middle screen and there is each and additional screen both to the left and right of the default screen. Slide your fingers either left or right and you will see the additional screens and more of the wall paper. They are great for placing either additional contacts or widgets. Thats the only thing I can think of regarding SPB zooming in. That or you need to look for images better suited to the screen size.

Kenzie's Grandma 07-06-2009 09:41 PM

It's me again, lol. This isn't so much a problem as I just need a little help with 2 questions - How do I backup to my PC with SPB Backup? I was able to make a backup no problem to my storage card but I was thinking that that would'nt really do me any good if I lose my phone or something (I actually put one cellphone thru the washing machine by mistake). The other question I have is concerning the FabiPolice (?) font. I installed it and it works great but I was wondering if there is any way to change the size a little bit?

I've spent all day with this thing and my brain is toast from all the searching and reading I've been doing. I've installed ImarcheSkins and it's up and running well (I love it) and I've figured out the wallpaper problem I was having too thanks to your help.

I love the way my Omnia looks now and actually everything works, surprise, surprise. There are still some things to do like configuring the rest of the screens in the Tiles view but I'll go at it a little more slowly now.

Thanks again everyone.

syrguy1969 07-06-2009 11:22 PM

I usually copy the backup file to my PC when I connect the Omnia to my PC with the USB. If you use ActiveSync SPB has an auto backup copy app that you download to the PC and it will transfer all the backup files to your PC every time you sync.

As for fonts, go into settings, system, screen, and the third tab should allow you a little leeway in size.

eemmanuel2750 07-06-2009 11:54 PM

Hello i have a verizon i910 and forgot to do a cc20 and update the rom to the adrian 6.5 now my phone stay at the samsung omnia screen and all i can do is take the battery out and it still stop at the same screen. Help how can i fix that

eemmanuel2750 07-07-2009 12:03 AM

Hello i have a verizon i910 and forgot to do a cc20 and update the rom to the adrian 6.5 now my phone stay at the samsung omnia screen and all i can do is take the battery out and it still stop at the same screen. Help how can i fix that

jason917 07-07-2009 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eemmanuel2750 (Post 1018779)

so Im guessing what you are saying is you didnt load cc20 before trying adryn's rom? Is that right? If so, flash the cc20 rom. You should get a good flash. After you do that then do a cooked rom. As I said though, you should have no problem flashing cc20, just has to be done before anything else.

mzimmer74 07-07-2009 11:02 AM

The other day I used the hack/tip to turn off the low battery alarm at 40% where you set the registry flag to allow you to turn off the sound in the sounds/notifications screen. I'm certain it worked that day as I remember being thrilled to see a low battery with no beeping. However, the phone started beeping again yesterday. I've checked my registry and the appropriate flag is still set. I've checked the sounds/notifications setting for low battery and the play sound is unchecked. But, I'm still getting beeps. Any thoughts? I thought there was a sound file made that could replace the .wav file, but I've looked through this thread and the tips thread and can't find it. Most likely I just missed it, but if anybody knows what's wrong or anything else I can do to remove the beep I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Kenzie's Grandma 07-07-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syrguy1969 (Post 1018670)
I usually copy the backup file to my PC when I connect the Omnia to my PC with the USB. If you use ActiveSync SPB has an auto backup copy app that you download to the PC and it will transfer all the backup files to your PC every time you sync.

As for fonts, go into settings, system, screen, and the third tab should allow you a little leeway in size.

Thanks a lot, that did help with the font. I knew that was there too I guess I was thinking that with a font I added it might work different. Same with the Backup (I must have been tired when I quit yesterday), I've synced files before just somehow never made the connection

It's a scary thought I know but the next thing I'd like to try is to get a registry edit program and try to increase the width of the scroll bars, also I'd love to get some different task and start bars. Oh welll, that's for another day when I'm feeling really brave.

Thank again everyone for your help.:)

syrguy1969 07-07-2009 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenzie's Grandma (Post 1019608)
It's a scary thought I know but the next thing I'd like to try is to get a registry edit program and try to increase the width of the scroll bars, also I'd love to get some different task and start bars. Oh welll, that's for another day when I'm feeling really brave.

Thank again everyone for your help.:)

I know you may not be quite ready to tackle it yet, but here is a good thread for taskbars (don't worry about all the 6.5 stuff if your not using it, the taskbars will work on yours....some really good ones on the last few pages as well).

As fir a reg editor, Total Commander is a free one:
http://www.ghisler.com/

You can also change the scrollbar with Sktools:http://s-k-tools.com/index.html?sktools/m_feat.html

Or advance Config: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=418151

and here is a thread discussing that: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=56670

Kenzie's Grandma 07-07-2009 11:48 PM

That's awesome, thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to start reading and maybe I'll have the nerve and the time to try sometime this weekend.

Will all of this stuff work even if my Omnia isn't a verizon phone? I hate to
admit it but I'm with Bell Canada.

Thanks everyone, you guys are so great, I really appreciate your patience.

Kathy

syrguy1969 07-08-2009 09:38 AM

Everything I listed should work on your Omnia. The only times you really need to watch out is if your flashing ROMs or if your doing something resolution-senstitive, and your not flashing, and were both working on an Omnis, so resolution isn't an issue.....have fun!!

mzimmer74 07-08-2009 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzimmer74 (Post 1019515)
The other day I used the hack/tip to turn off the low battery alarm at 40% where you set the registry flag to allow you to turn off the sound in the sounds/notifications screen. I'm certain it worked that day as I remember being thrilled to see a low battery with no beeping. However, the phone started beeping again yesterday. I've checked my registry and the appropriate flag is still set. I've checked the sounds/notifications setting for low battery and the play sound is unchecked. But, I'm still getting beeps. Any thoughts? I thought there was a sound file made that could replace the .wav file, but I've looked through this thread and the tips thread and can't find it. Most likely I just missed it, but if anybody knows what's wrong or anything else I can do to remove the beep I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Anybody have a thought on this?
Thanks

blazingwolf 07-08-2009 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzimmer74 (Post 1022750)
Anybody have a thought on this?
Thanks

It's never worked for me.

Both Adrynalyne and I think the code for this as well as the finished charging alarm are in the dll. So unless someone can hack the dll to remove it then there is nothing we can do.

mzimmer74 07-08-2009 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazingwolf (Post 1022781)
It's never worked for me.

Both Adrynalyne and I think the code for this as well as the finished charging alarm are in the dll. So unless someone can hack the dll to remove it then there is nothing we can do.

That's unfortunate. Oh well, thanks for the heads up. I'll quit banging my head against the wall on this one!

greenskeeper805 07-08-2009 11:26 PM

Adryn has this in his ROM's. There is a setting in notifications, when the battery gets low (40%) there is still a notification, but no more audio interruption. It's the best that we have.

blazingwolf 07-08-2009 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenskeeper805 (Post 1023605)
Adryn has this in his ROM's. There is a setting in notifications, when the battery gets low (40%) there is still a notification, but no more audio interruption. It's the best that we have.

You'll find this in my ROM too. It doesn't work. If you are using the 1% driver from kabkab then he removed the alert somehow.

greenskeeper805 07-08-2009 11:42 PM

Didn't mean to exclude you BW, i forgot...

blazingwolf 07-09-2009 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenskeeper805 (Post 1023653)
Didn't mean to exclude you BW, i forgot...

The point of my post was to let you know that setting does not work. Not to say that you missed saying I had it. :)

greenskeeper805 07-09-2009 12:16 PM

It does sorta work. The audio is disabled, but the popup in the bottom bar is still shown.

leldon 07-09-2009 11:39 PM

Hey all,

i installed the wmwifi router the other day and after a couple of uses you have to do a hard reset to get the wifi back. It totally disappears from the wireless manager. But after a hard reset it reappears. What could be wrong?

jason917 07-10-2009 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leldon (Post 1026316)
Hey all,

i installed the wmwifi router the other day and after a couple of uses you have to do a hard reset to get the wifi back. It totally disappears from the wireless manager. But after a hard reset it reappears. What could be wrong?

I had this same issue with wifirouter a while back. Same solution for me. The thing is, after the hard reset I continued to use wmwifirouter and never had the problem again.

Kenzie's Grandma 07-10-2009 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syrguy1969 (Post 1021736)
Everything I listed should work on your Omnia. The only times you really need to watch out is if your flashing ROMs or if your doing something resolution-senstitive, and your not flashing, and were both working on an Omnis, so resolution isn't an issue.....have fun!!

Hi I'm back, hehe. Well I've got a few things done, I've downloaded SKTools and it looks great. I'm just wondering if it's safe to just go ahead and run the Clean, Optimize, Tune-up, etc. options or if they require any careful setting up? Also I still haven't found the place in it to change the size of the scroll bars.

I have looked at a lot of threads on Taskbars, even tried a couple but I don't seem to be doing too well. Could someone give me a link to a cool Taskbar that will run with SPBShell and will work on the i910? A nice easy CAB file would be great. (I'm also running ImarcheSkins which I love)

Well it's time to tackle some ringtones, no doubt I'll be back soon.

mzimmer74 07-10-2009 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenzie's Grandma (Post 1027290)
Hi I'm back, hehe. Well I've got a few things done, I've downloaded SKTools and it looks great. I'm just wondering if it's safe to just go ahead and run the Clean, Optimize, Tune-up, etc. options or if they require any careful setting up? Also I still haven't found the place in it to change the size of the scroll bars.

I have looked at a lot of threads on Taskbars, even tried a couple but I don't seem to be doing too well. Could someone give me a link to a cool Taskbar that will run with SPBShell and will work on the i910? A nice easy CAB file would be great. (I'm also running ImarcheSkins which I love)

Have you gotten into registry editing yet? If so, following the registry hack on this is quite simple...just have to make two numbers bigger.

syrguy1969 07-10-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenzie's Grandma (Post 1027290)

I haven't used SK Tools in a while, so while I know it is there, I don't remember where. The reg settings are in the thread I posted discussing changing the scroll bar width + apps to do it with. Specifically here:

Quote:

Originally Posted by smotrs (Post 695862)
It doesn't actually adjust the scrollbar size, but it affects the size of the scrollbar none the less. Go to the following location and adjust the DWORDS listed,
[HKLM\System\GWE]
cxHScr = 20
cyHScr = 13
cxVScr = 13
cyVScr = 20
Now, what they do is control the size of the arrows used on the Horizontal and Vertical scrollbars.
cx = width
cy = height
The larger the arrow, the larger the scrollbar. So a higher number for cxVScr will make the vertical scrollbar wider to accommodate the new width size of the arrow button. Whereas a higher number for cyVScr will only make the scroll buttons taller.

Hope that makes sense. :)

As for the taskbars, I mentioned a thread that had a bunch of really nice ones but forgot to add the link. There are a lot of WM 6.5 things in it, but if you scan through (especially the last few pages) there are some really cool taskbar CABs:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71139

leldon 07-10-2009 01:41 PM

I thought it would fix it. But it just happened last night again. Maybe it will stay after the last hard reset. Maybe I need to redownload the cab?

Kenzie's Grandma 07-13-2009 10:16 PM

Could someone please tell me how to disable Taskswitcher? I have a jigsaw puzzle program from SPB that I really like but Taskswitcher keeps popping up when I try to move pieces from the bottom to the top, it interrupts the game all the time. I found Adryn's Taskswitcher Killer cab but for some reason I couldn't get it to work. Maybe it's not compatible with SPBMobileShell or something. Anyway I would really appreciate a simple way to do this (with easy to follow directions please). I'm really hoping one day to get my phone just the way I want it and then be able to quit monkeying around with it, that's possible right? I hope.

Thanks in advance for your help.

dawood 07-14-2009 05:19 AM

Hello ,
I have installed a program on my Omnia storage card , after i re-start the phone i suffer small text size and different font type , i uninstall the program , even i tried hard reset , but still same font , how can i change font type , i did't find an option for it in the device settings .

xrista 07-15-2009 01:28 PM

hey guys...i need a heeelllppppp......
since i ve installed some programms in my mob (omnia) it closes usually but without turn off.. so 2 turn it on i must put off and put on the battery...
what is the problem????
please help mee...:???::???::(:(

syrguy1969 07-15-2009 01:41 PM

xrista....welcome to the community, sorry it isn't with a better situation though, but lets see what can be done!!

Can you supply us with a little more info? What ROM are you using, what apps did you install, and a little more detail on what happens before you have to pull the battery may be useful as well!!

xrista 07-15-2009 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syrguy1969 (Post 1037210)
xrista....welcome to the community, sorry it isn't with a better situation though, but lets see what can be done!!

Can you supply us with a little more info? What ROM are you using, what apps did you install, and a little more detail on what happens before you have to pull the battery may be useful as well!!

thanks..well its english menu,ive install a packet of programms...i didnt know what exactly was doing each programm..i would try them and then i would delete what i didnt want to...however a problem was occured...every little time the screen turn off....but when i press a key to turn on it doesnt work..and it stays off....to turn it on again i must get off the battery....:???::???::(:(:(:(

syrguy1969 07-15-2009 02:38 PM

If taking them off one by one doesn't do anything, you may want to do a hard reset and install them one by one to see what, if any, conflicts arise. Without more detail, this is really the best advise I can give. It certailny sounds like you have a conflict on the Omnia going on. Have you done any reg changes or changes in the power settings?

xrista 07-15-2009 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syrguy1969 (Post 1037342)
If taking them off one by one doesn't do anything, you may want to do a hard reset and install them one by one to see what, if any, conflicts arise. Without more detail, this is really the best advise I can give. It certailny sounds like you have a conflict on the Omnia going on. Have you done any reg changes or changes in the power settings?

And with the hard reset im gonna lose everything? even messages basic programms and gps maps? no i think not..only something in gps to get signal..do u know something may curse the problem?to try fix it before do the reset? :???:

syrguy1969 07-15-2009 03:03 PM

A hard reset will get it back to where it was when you purchased the Omnis. I would remove everything you put on it since it was last working correctly and see what happens. Do you use a backup app like SPB or RESCO Backup? If you do, do you have a backup of the last working setup?