PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k
Would vz consider it a downgrade?

I'm on a 6800 currently, and considering its still more expensive than an omnia do you think they might consider it a downgrade? I have a few issues with my phone that are hardware related. My scroll wheel doesn't scroll right, getting the "double press" on my keypad, white spots, ect ect. I was thinkin of going in and complaining politely and seeing if they would give me an omnia and consider it that way. thoughts?
Don't forget to hit the

Old 12-03-2008, 04:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung i730 soon to be i760

dan0matic is a n00b
Re: Would vz consider it a downgrade?

I'm much wondering the same thing... I don't think I'm liking the Touch Pro all that much, but I'm not sure about the no keyboard thing...

Dan
Old 12-03-2008, 04:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

Spr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Spr0ckEt Send a message via MSN to Spr0ckEt Send a message via Yahoo to Spr0ckEt

I REALLY doubt it. The "Upgraded" me from a Treo700wx to a (drum roll................)

Treo700wx. Yes, they considered it an "Early upgrade" didn't bother telling me that, and lied to me about it later. So , now, rather than having a NE2 date of OCT08 it says SEP09. wtf...

Anywho, I guess it depends on who you talk to, if they are in a good mood, and how big your ... eyes are...
Phone history: Moto V265 (5), Moto V710 (4), Moto E815 (1), Moto Q (4), Treo 700wx (3), and XV6800 (5), Alltel Touch Pro (5), VZW Touch Pro 2 (2), HTC Incredible (3), HTC Thunderbolt (5), HTC Rezound (5), HTC DNA (4), Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (3)
Old 12-03-2008, 08:00 AM
Geek'n it Up
Threadstarter

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spr0ckEt View Post
I REALLY doubt it. The "Upgraded" me from a Treo700wx to a (drum roll................)

Treo700wx. Yes, they considered it an "Early upgrade" didn't bother telling me that, and lied to me about it later. So , now, rather than having a NE2 date of OCT08 it says SEP09. wtf...

Anywho, I guess it depends on who you talk to, if they are in a good mood, and how big your ... eyes are...
Ya that's what they said when they replaced my 6700 with the 6800. Here's the kicker, my NE2 date is still 6/09. It also says Upgrade now! on my vzw site when i log into my account. and to top that off, they sent me a text the other day saying to upgrade... leading the witness! I saved the text and I'm gonna try to play dumb and use it and go for the "downgrade"

Now do I wait until its in stores or try this on the phone? online? More thoughts... keep em comin.

And my eyes are... well not that big but they are a nice shade of blue/grey... LOL
Old 12-03-2008, 03:52 PM
Lurker

dan0matic is a n00b

Spr0ket, this happens a lot and you can talk to them and get them to reset your NE2 date. I had this problem once and it got fixed real fast. I did it over the phone.

As far as how to get them to send you another type of phone, I'm going to guess it will have to be over the phone as the stores do not offer support for smart phones. You might be able to get them to note your account so you can pick one up in store.

Dan
Old 12-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Geek'n it Up
Threadstarter

I'm able to resign and upgrade, but not get my NE2. I'm not that worried about it, its only 50 bucks, i mean sure it would be nice, but I can deal. I'm just trying to find an angle to work to see if i can get it cheaper, or free as a downgrade. My buddy works at an authorized dealer and said from the look of it they might treat it that way.

while I was there I got to play with one of the guys BB Storm. Nice phone but I love Windows mobile. So Its lookin more like the omnia and no jump to sprint for the pro...
Old 12-08-2008, 01:52 AM
Lurker

dan0matic is a n00b

What did you end up figuring out?

Dan
Old 12-08-2008, 08:06 AM
Geek'n it Up
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan0matic View Post
What did you end up figuring out?

Dan
Nothing yet, store launch is supposed to be today, so I'm gonna go in and act all excited about the phone and pissy about the 6800 and see what happens.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: WM Omnia & Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

Hoss is becoming a great contributor

I had an issue with Treo 700W warranty return which they had to replace with a Treo 700WX and that warranty return pushed my NE2 date out six months. A call to customer service from the store resolved this, give it a try.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Eris
Carrier: Verizon

pjsockett is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpjsockett is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpjsockett is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpjsockett is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I doubt it. I'm currently trying to deal with my wifes i760. The touch screen was bad on her first device so the day before thanksgiving they sent a new i760. That device kept getting a shell32 error popping up and freezing the phone. They replaced that with another i760 and I got the same thing. After that the offered us a 6800. Well, I already went through the screen spots and all that stuff with 3 6800's and eventually switched to a 6900 so I didn't want to deal with that again. We talked to 3 different phone reps and in the store and they all that both the Saga and the Omnia would not be "Comparable" devices. We're waiting to get a call back from the last phone agent so she's still using the broken screen until we get an answer but it doesn't look good.

They did offer us a 6900 but she didn't think should could type on it well enough. I would think the omnia is the most comparable device they have to the 6900 but that was out of the question.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia