PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2009, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910-WM 6.5 Lioryte Base 28230
Carrier: VZ

MrOmnia81 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Possible to "UnBrick" a Omnia???... On the iPhone it's possible, just wondering!

I was curious to see if you brick your omnia was there a way or steps to "unbrick" it. I found a sequence to "unbrick" a iPhone but non as of yet for the omnia. I am thinking about flashing my phone but I don't want to put up with the headache if i brick it by accident.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Possible to "UnBrick" a Omnia???... On the iPhone it's possible, just wondering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOmnia81 View Post
I was curious to see if you brick your omnia was there a way or steps to "unbrick" it. I found a sequence to "unbrick" a iPhone but non as of yet for the omnia. I am thinking about flashing my phone but I don't want to put up with the headache if i brick it by accident.
Sure, if you have the money for the equipment and the knowledge on how to use it. Go to Modaco an d look in the Omnia forums for the Monahans sticky thread. That will take you to another site that has more info on this. It doesn't tell you what equipment you need the last time I read it but it does explain the software that is needed.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 06-11-2009, 03:50 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Re: Possible to "UnBrick" a Omnia???... On the iPhone it's possible, just wondering!

I would say 75% of the time when people think they have bricks, they don't.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: i910

j32driver is just getting started

ELCO is the gentleman's name that is fixing the MONAHANS problems on the Omnias. The only reference that I've read about though is for the i900. I haven't seen anything about the i910 for Verizon.

It looks like you need a box that is roughly $160 and a piece of software that is roughly $150. Beyond that, I'd think you's have to contact ELCO directly and have him sell you the hardware/software and then have him teach you the process. And even then, I don't know if he has done the software portion for the i910.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia

Kasper56 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
I would say 75% of the time when people think they have bricks, they don't.
I agree, I thought my Omnia was a gonner earlier this week when Flashing, but as long as you still get some response from it ie....splash screen, there's a good chance it's not bricked and you can save it. Just makes sure you (person who started the thread) Flash in the proper order and if you get a CheckSum error at any point don't advance. Adrynalyne = Knows his sh*t.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:55 PM
oZo
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Radar 4G Windows Phone
Carrier: Straight Talk

oZo is just getting started

What if you run the SCH-i910 User upgrade tool v1.0.5.3 (running XP-SP3), and the phone simply doesn't restart after no matter what you do? The little red light on the power button is on constantly.

Last edited by oZo; 08-29-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Call Verizon about that, since it was being flashed to the upgrade that they released. They should take care of it and give you a refurb.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:18 AM
oZo
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Radar 4G Windows Phone
Carrier: Straight Talk

oZo is just getting started

Thanks for the response, but I am not a Verizon customer. The guy I bought it from (who bought it from Verizon) says he will try to see if he can return it using the same circumstance, but saying HE tried to install the upgrade.
Of course though, it is not the phone he has active on his account. So that could screw up the return.
This is why I asked if there was ANY way to 'unbrick' a i910, to avoid the whole return process.
I've been told by someone that the only option I would have is to return the phone directly to Samsung under warranty, and that they are "incompetent".
I guess I'll find out if I have a pretty paperweight soon.
Thanks again.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Have you tried at least calling Verizon? I would talk to them or take it to a store and they will be able to see the phone was working previously (by looking at minutes used) and explain that you were doing their authorized update. You're not looking for them to replace it through Assurian because you dropped it in the pool, it's not even a warranty issue, the phone "bricked" while trying to update their update software. You could also try to hook it up again to the Verizon update page and try hitting SR when it's hooked up. It goes into an emergency mode, or at least mine did last week but my phone wouldn't turn on at all, even the light on the power button was gone. Good luck.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Page Plus

SHAKIEL is a n00b

I'm in the same situation. My Omnia turns on and all but only the pda part of the phone was written back on during the upgrade. The phone now has no radio or phone rom. I can't make or receive calls.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia