PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 02:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G | Blackberry Torch
Carrier: Sprint | AT&T

Phone_Tank is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Samsung Moment GPS Fix after 2.1 Update

For those who have been having issues with GPS (getting a solid lock) on the Samsung Moment after the 2.1 upgrade (legit and cooked) I found the solution below over at the SDX forms. I was able to test and my GPS is working good as new.

Big thanks to Miggleworm for the fix!!!!

http://forum.sdx-developers.com/gene...oeykrim-2-0-2/

" I have fixed this problem on my phone without going to sprint! Idiots at the store didn't even think to try this or know how lol. I'm in the middle of the woods now so I can't type up super detailed instructions but ill try the best I can atm.

From your phone menu type in #GPSCLRX# and enter your msl. It doesn't seem like it does anything. But it worked, instantly saw 9 satellites with gps status when before I saw ZERO. Phone worked fine, however after a reboot this caused a boot loop( tried it twice, I'm positive... don't ask lol). Go into recovery, I did a factory wipe and a data restore and phone booted fine. Gps still worked great. I think something we were doing was messing with the gps radio that required it to be reset that even a reflash woukdnt fix. I reapplied nooblns rom, still works great. Haven't a pplied my sdxcustim.zip yet though because I'm scared that might be the problem and this was a huge pain in the ass lol.

Hope this helps someone else, because I had already gotten a new phone from sprint because of this and I was dreading going back again for the same problem.

Ps. Mikey it works fine with agps on as well, that wasn't the problem."
Old 06-01-2010, 09:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

Gcav is a n00b
Re: Samsung Moment GPS Fix after 2.1 Update

i will try this on the weekend cause i am having some issues with my gps. It works but not real accurate and cuts in and out. I DL gps test from market and most the time it shows 0 but when it does pick up some (upto 10) they are real low (in 20's)
Old 06-04-2010, 06:09 PM
N00b

Gcav is a n00b

well i tried it , dont know if i did it right cause im still only getting 20-30% strength , i can see 6 - 9 sats but strength is always low even standing out in the open and navigation is cutting in and out bad =(
Old 06-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Lurker

styckx is just getting started

I can't believe this worked so well. Before getting a GPS lock was some twisted game of luck someone invented. I just did this. Inside my work I get the normal no GPS lock which I don't expect one, but I walked to the window and get GPS locks within 20 or less seconds. Before this trick I could literally stand outside for minutes and never get a lock. Only way it seemed to want to lock on was to reset the phone.

I've walked away from the window lose the lock, and walk back to it and get it right back very quickly. Thank you whoever figured this out! Finally GPS is performing as it should have out of the box.

Edit: I also got the boot loop. Easy fix as noted. Pop the battery, boot into recovery, backup your data/factory wipe/reboot until phone is done booting/shutdown/boot to recovery/restore data/reboot. You're done.

Last edited by styckx; 06-10-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

CESkins is a n00b

I just applied the "fix" mentioned above to my wife's Samsung Moment after an upgrade to Android 2.1 failed to improve the GPS lock/fix. We just drove over 12 hours to get to our vacation destination and my HTC EVO + HTC Diamond both functioned flawlessly. The Moment on the other hand failed to acquire a GPS fix/lock except when we were stationary. Once we started driving, the GPS fix was lost in a matter of a few minutes if not seconds. Since applying the fix above today, the GPS has been flawless with all apps that use it. A BIG THANKS TO THE ORIGINAL POSTERS OF THIS FIX.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6700

Elnator is a n00b

BTW if the fix above doesn't work the guys over at SDX have a number of other things you can try. The ##GPSCLRX# worked for me for about a day then stopped. I wound up having to use the modified config file option. Tried a few of the others with no luck. From what I gather it's pretty hit-and-miss as to which one will actually fix your phone.

GPS Troubleshooting Guide - Hardware and Software

Probably the best collection of fixes for GPS I have found on the web right there in that one post. Enjoy!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment