PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 08:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn
Re: 2.1 Is Now Officially Available

Went on a road trip this weekend and tested out google nav. I was thoroughly impressed. Signal locked on a lot faster. Map was dead on. I used it around town and whenever I went off course it was quick to recalculate.

Voice search was pretty accurate as long as you speak clearly. Better/quicker than trying to type an address in. Feel a lot more confident knowing I have a reliable GPS if I ever need it. I don't really have a need for a regular GPS since I don't travel much but now that i have this, I definitely will not be investing in a regular GPS, ever.

Last edited by blazinazn; 05-17-2010 at 10:47 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Lurker

styckx is just getting started
I had this bug on 1.5 and have it again on 2.1. If you power up you phone sideways or with the keyboard out it will most likely tell you your sd card isn't inserted. If you power it down and power up holding the phone vertical with the keyboard in it works fine. I can reproduce this at will. Rather annoying.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: sprint

lfrp is just getting started

is anybody with the 2.1 update getting this error? "android.process.acore stopped unexpectedly "

it happens when Im on my home screen, like for example switching screen or hitting the home key. i get it like 20 times through the day, I dont know if is because my widgets or something.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:34 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by styckx View Post
I had this bug on 1.5 and have it again on 2.1. If you power up you phone sideways or with the keyboard out it will most likely tell you your sd card isn't inserted. If you power it down and power up holding the phone vertical with the keyboard in it works fine. I can reproduce this at will. Rather annoying.
sounds like it's a hardware problem and not a software problem. I'd take your phone into the Sprint store to see if they can remedy the situation. I hope you have TEP!

I had a hardware issue and they replaced my phone with a brand spanking new one!
Old 05-20-2010, 02:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

SPIK3 is keeping up the good workSPIK3 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by styckx View Post
I've had this happen to me a couple of times both on 1.5 and 2.1, cant remember how the phone was positioned tho.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: rooted M900 Moment
Carrier: sprint

loserpunk701 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Really? It has a faster processor than the Hero and I can run live wallpapers, in or out of Rosie, on mine just fine. What hardware is not up to par on the Moment compared to the Hero?
yea... backwards on that one, Moment > Hero

I run my live wallpapers all the time. I use Pong clock, it's oldskool atari pong, the score is the clock and you can jump into the game and play. my battery lasts fine. I have had it unplugged since yesterday about this time and I am at 30% and I play games and all kinds of dumb shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhronesz View Post
I thought 2.1 was supposed to have 5 home screens? i also thought that the call screen picture was going to be larger. Anyone have any ideas about these items?
no, I read where someone claimed this earlier in this post I believe.... they had loaded the ROM that had Helix launcher on it, I guess that mislead them, helix will give you up to like 10 or so screens.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint!

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to veedubguru

I can say after about a week of use that the 2.1 released by Sprint is pretty much garbage. It's no where near as stable as 1.5 was, and now faced with constant program crashes with the email app which is the one I need on the phone most (because of work).

I've tried every possible fix out there for the force close issue with the email program and nothing works. Also noticed since the day it was updated that it no longer pulls emails consistantly. Sometimes it takes powering it off and back on to get it to finally decide to download emails.

That coupled with a slew of other glitches it never had, I'm working on switching back to the 1.5 release as we speak.

Not everyone hates it... just my two cents in case anyone is considering update and can't function with out email working spot on.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubguru View Post
I can say after about a week of use that the 2.1 released by Sprint is pretty much garbage. It's no where near as stable as 1.5 was, and now faced with constant program crashes with the email app which is the one I need on the phone most (because of work).

I've tried every possible fix out there for the force close issue with the email program and nothing works. Also noticed since the day it was updated that it no longer pulls emails consistantly. Sometimes it takes powering it off and back on to get it to finally decide to download emails.

That coupled with a slew of other glitches it never had, I'm working on switching back to the 1.5 release as we speak.

Not everyone hates it... just my two cents in case anyone is considering update and can't function with out email working spot on.
Did you download the update from the sprint website and flash it yourself? Just curious

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment