PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Intercept
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2010, 08:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint postpaid

daddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery life question

Ok, I know that all the "my battery life sucks" threads can be kinda monotonous and mundane, but I didn't see any for the intercept so I figured it would be ok.

My question is this:

We got my wife the intercept on Friday afternoon. The guy at the Sprint store told us (because I got myself the Epic 4G) that we needed to "train our batteries" in order to get the best service/life from them. He described this as using the phone until completely discharged (From the store, not to initially charge it) and once discharged, plug it in until it's completely recharged. Complete this cycle 3-5 times in order to train the battery. He claims that he did this with his Samsung moment and has never been plagued with the poor batt. life on that device.

We did this for most of friday evening, frustrating as it was, then saturday morning we plugged it in and completely recharged it. It died within 2 hours of setting up ringtones, browsing the market, etc. Needless to say, my wife was pretty honked off.

I'm wondering what other users of the intercept have noticed when they purchased their devices, what they did to alleviate this problem and the like.

What I did notice, for me, my Epic seems to respond well and is doing better w/ the "training" process. Her phone honked her off so much that she exchanged it for another one. What we noticed w/ hers, is under Menu > Settings > About Phone > Status > Battery usage, her Androis system was always contributing to 92% + of the battery "usage" or "draining" if you will.. When I peeked at my Epic (for an apples/oranges comparison LOL) my android system was 2% and my screen was 45% (roughly).. now I do know that her screen doesn't take as much juice as the epic, and I also know that the two devices are way different, but it's all I can use to compare.. We felt that there may have been a software problem w/ her phone so we exchanged it for another one. The new one is doing the same thing. Although, (per request from the rep at the Sprint store) we're going to attempt to give it 4 or 5 days of this "training" process and see if it helps.

Again, not ranting, just sharing my experience and looking for others' experiences as well.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Battery life question

that was true with the old school batteries. The new lithium ones, that has no effect. Stores don't know this b/c companies don't teach them. Sorry!

As far as your battery life: If you have ever had a windows phone you know the deal. However with Droid it's not that bad though. If she set her emails to sync every 5 minutes, yes her battery will drain. If she sets her facebook, twitter, etc to sync often that's the problem. Go and make sure all things aren't constantly syncing.

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Intercept