PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2011, 07:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Pandaman is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Galaxy S 2!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
They are not going to wait on a lawsuit..these things drag on for years...everyone sues everyone its nothing new..in worst case it ends up being a cross licensing deal or money going one way or the other..but the product is still going to be there..

As proof it is not the motivating factor, the Galaxy Tab 10.1 came to sprint just recently...and its part of the lawsuit..

The rumor is that it conflicts with the Motorola release somehow..but thats just a rumor...

What you talking 'bout Willis? Sprint does NOT sell the Galaxy Tab 10.1. They sell the 7" Galaxy Tab only. Sprint was supposed to start selling the Tab 10.1 by the end of June, but it has obviously been delayed. Just like the SGS2 has been delayed. Backs up my point that MAYBE this lawsuit is a factor.

Last edited by Pandaman; 07-20-2011 at 08:12 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:10 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandaman View Post
What you talking 'bout Willis? Sprint does NOT sell the Galaxy Tab 10.1. They sell the 7" Galaxy Tab only. Sprint was supposed to start selling the Tab 10.1 by the end of June, but it has obviously been delayed. Just like the SGS2 has been delayed. Proves my point that MAYBE this lawsuit is a factor.
Its not a factor..I have very rarely seen top businesses stop what they are doign due to lawsuits...simply because these lawsuits NEVER end up as a ban for top companies..either a licensing fee or cross licencing..

umm..sprint carries a WIFI only version of the galaxy Tab 10.1...check their online store!

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop...ab1820005&ptn=

Also Verizon has it up fr preorder:

Cell Phone Savings & Discounts - Verizon Wireless

Again the lawsuit is unrelated...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 07-20-2011, 08:13 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
What you talking 'bout Willis? Sprint does NOT sell the Galaxy Tab 10.1. They sell the 7" Galaxy Tab only. Sprint was supposed to start selling the Tab 10.1 by the end of June, but it has obviously been delayed. Just like the SGS2 has been delayed. Proves my point that MAYBE this lawsuit is a factor.
wana bet? my friend owns a sprint store and has 10.1 tabs now in store and had them for awhile.

Sprint's own Galaxy Tab 10.1 Android tablet coming June 24, in store July 24 | Android Central "The Galaxy Tab 10.1 will initially be available through direct sales channels, some sprint stores, telesales and online. It will be available for purchase in retail stores on July 24. The Galaxy Tab 10.1 will run you $499, plus tax, and whatever data plan you get on the Wifi hotspots."
Old 07-20-2011, 08:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Pandaman is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Its not a factor..I have very rarely seen top businesses stop what they are doign due to lawsuits...simply because these lawsuits NEVER end up as a ban for top companies..either a licensing fee or cross licencing..

umm..sprint carries a WIFI only version of the galaxy Tab 10.1...check their online store!

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop...ab1820005&ptn=

Also Verizon has it up fr preorder:

Cell Phone Savings & Discounts - Verizon Wireless

Again the lawsuit is unrelated...
The Tab you referred to is not on the Sprint website so it's not generally available since it's not known. Go ahead and Google Sprint and Galaxy Tab 10.1. It won't lead you to any Sprint website that has it for sale. In fact it will tell you that the Galaxy Tab 10.1 for Sprint should have been out on June 24th but it's still not out. And Verizon is not Sprint so that is kinda irrelevant.

Like I said, I believe the lawsuit could be slowing down the delivery of the the SGS2 to Sprint, this being Sprint's decision, not Samsung's. That doesn't mean that Sprint and Apple won't come to an agreement soon but it could be the cause of the delay SO FAR.

Last edited by Pandaman; 07-20-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:35 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
The Tab you referred to is NOT on the Sprint website so is not generally available. Go ahead and Google Sprint and Galaxy Tab 10.1. It won't lead you to any Sprint website that has it for sale. In fact it will tell you that the Galaxy Tab 10.1 should have been out on June 24th but it is still not out. And Verizon is not Sprint so that is kinda irrelevant.

Like I said, I believe the lawsuit could be slowing down the delivery of the the SGS2 to Sprint, this being Sprint's decision, not Samsung's. That doesn't mean that Sprint and Apple won't come to an agreement soon but it could be the cause of the delay SO FAR.
no its not..I just gave you a link where you can buy the wifi only version of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 from sprint...

Here is a more direct link:

Sprint - All Accessories
Old 07-22-2011, 12:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sammy Galaxy Nexus

Anon9mouz is keeping up the good workAnon9mouz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Anon9mouz Send a message via Yahoo to Anon9mouz
They just don't like to listen but this phone needs to come quick so I can trade off this 3d

Sent from my PG86100-EVO3D-using Tapatalk
Kernel: Stock and loven it
I envy the dumb ones.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:43 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
no its not..I just gave you a link where you can buy the wifi only version of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 from sprint...

Here is a more direct link:

Sprint - All Accessories
My buddy bought one 2 weeks ago via Sprint...lol
Old 07-23-2011, 04:52 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
My buddy bought one 2 weeks ago via Sprint...lol
bs. lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:33 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Why do people insist the SGS2 is delayed? So far things ate following the same schedule as the SGS1.

tapa tapa tapa
Old 07-27-2011, 10:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

@gTen

Does this mean it will have 800MHZ smr band or not?

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/eas/GetApp...tml?id=1509784

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series