PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2010, 05:47 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III
Carrier: Sprint

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PIM.vol convertion to CSV or vcard file

I'm still working on a solution for you, but there is a long painful way to do it. Open the pim.vol in Notepad. It should at least display your contact info in text form (it will probably be all jumbled up). Then you can copy and paste them one by one into new contact windows in Outlook.

Its long and hard but its better than losing all your contacts.

Or you could get someone with a TP2 to let you borrow it. You could use their phone to sync outlook. Of course they would have to back everything up and delete their contacts to allow you to do this.

A request like this is usually best when accompanied by a case of beer.

Last edited by Johnny.Bravo; 09-17-2010 at 05:49 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:14 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Well if its in plain text and there is a lot of contacts you can easily compile a perl script to parse it and output it a csv file automatically.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-20-2010, 01:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4g
Threadstarter

wdaniels2007 is just getting started

Guys, I tried the solution for opening the pim.vol with notepad..thats a no go, not readeable. So I found someone with an old touch pro that has let borrow it and I'm gonna sync it to my home outlook not my work one. I don't care about the contacts, calendar etc..at home so that should copy them via active sync..I was sweating bullets trying to find a solution, I appreciate you help guys and I'll let you know it work later tonight.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motorola ES400S

koldtek is a n00b

If you have the contacts that are in you PIM.vol file in Outlook, you can export them to a .csv file from Outlook.

Export to .csv from Outlook:

1. Open your contacts tab.

2. Select File----> Import and Export.

3. Select "Export to a file" from the list. Click Next.

4. Select "Comma Seperated Values (Windows). Click Next.

5. Select "Contacts" if not selected already. Click Next.

6. At the "Save exported file as" box, type any name you would like with a .csv extension. Example, "contacts.csv". Hit browse to place the file in a specific directory. Hit Next.

7. On your Epic:
Open your contacts application
Make sure All contacts are visible, unless you only want to back up certain groups.
Hit the menu button
Hit the Import/Export button
(from Importing and Exporting contacts | Android Central)
Old 10-11-2013, 05:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Intelcore
Carrier: Mobilink

drzaver is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
I'm still working on a solution for you, but there is a long painful way to do it. Open the pim.vol in Notepad. It should at least display your contact info in text form (it will probably be all jumbled up). Then you can copy and paste them one by one into new contact windows in Outlook.

Its long and hard but its better than losing all your contacts.

Or you could get someone with a TP2 to let you borrow it. You could use their phone to sync outlook. Of course they would have to back everything up and delete their contacts to allow you to do this.

A request like this is usually best when accompanied by a case of beer.
I have got TP2 myself, but I am not able to transfer my contacts to my PC; kindly let me know the step by step procedure

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series