PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 12:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: First Impressions of the Epic: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly?

The thinness of the super amoled is the reason the epic is so thin. If the Evo had a (super) amoled screen, it would have been thinner.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:04 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokuzumi View Post
The thinness of the super amoled is the reason the epic is so thin. If the Evo had a (super) amoled screen, it would have been thinner.
Its part of the over all reason but it doesn't really make that big of a difference by itself. I have taken them both apart. There is a lot of wasted space on the Evo.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Phen0m is becoming a great contributor

I have it as well.. Walked into a random BestBuy and purchased.. took forEVER though.

My thoughts:

I LOVE IT! but i'm coming from a TP2..actually setting my TP2 up for my little brother, and i almost feel bad giving it to him lol.. this phone blows it out of the water

Browser.. I'm in a 4G area, so the surfing is quick.. Youtube plays in the browser.. i assume this is flashlight 3.1? since there isn't froyo onboard.. There is a music player for those that wanted the samsung player.. no video player however..

Overrall its perfect.. ominous black screen when off(instead of the light grey of the TP2).. its great so far
Old 08-31-2010, 01:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: sprint

crazaytalent is keeping up the good workcrazaytalent is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phen0m View Post
I have it as well.. Walked into a random BestBuy and purchased.. took forEVER though.

My thoughts:

I LOVE IT! but i'm coming from a TP2..actually setting my TP2 up for my little brother, and i almost feel bad giving it to him lol.. this phone blows it out of the water

Browser.. I'm in a 4G area, so the surfing is quick.. Youtube plays in the browser.. i assume this is flashlight 3.1? since there isn't froyo onboard.. There is a music player for those that wanted the samsung player.. no video player however..

Overrall its perfect.. ominous black screen when off(instead of the light grey of the TP2).. its great so far
Aye Phenom.. Im coming from a touch pro (the original... now thats a drastic change...lol!) Loving my new Epic tho... even if i have to sneak every free moment I can while at work...lol)
Old 08-31-2010, 01:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

also.. just had to damn near rip the usb latch off to open it..
Old 08-31-2010, 02:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazaytalent View Post
Aye Phenom.. Im coming from a touch pro (the original... now thats a drastic change...lol!) Loving my new Epic tho... even if i have to sneak every free moment I can while at work...lol)

Wow.. I wouldve gotten that TP ungraded mos. ago! That was a rough experience lol.. But yeah im @ work too!
Boss keeps coming back and comparing his EVO to the EPIC.. only differences so far for both is the SWYPE.. neither of us had used it before now.. but we both like it.. not what i expected lol.. very very accurate.. and the screens.. not as much of a difference as i thought it would be.. EVO really has a clear and bright screen.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:29 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phen0m View Post
also.. just had to damn near rip the usb latch off to open it..
Mine isnt hard to open and I lke the cover so crap wont get into it.

CW
Old 08-31-2010, 03:51 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I think the Epic is starting to grow on me.... Has anyone notice the hollow sound of the Epic when it is vibrating... lol. Hmmm seems as though the led light only flashes when not connected to a charger & only during the notification sound.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Hmm.. well there is a video player somewhere on here.. played an embedded clip from vimeo that was picked up by an outside player.. features 5.1 surround as well.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:27 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I got an epic an hour from flight..no reservations they had 2 left..using it post..running low on battery

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series