PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy S II Series > Samsung Epic Touch

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2011, 07:05 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Your opinions on the Epic Touch 4G

List the Pros and Cons that you have experienced with the Epic Touch 4g so far!

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-17-2011, 10:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch & HTC Evo 3D

uofajac is keeping up the good workuofajac is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Your opinions on the Epic Touch 4G

I love mine so far. The standard ringtones suck, but who really cares about that. Everything else is awesome. We need a dedicated forum for this phone asap. I'd rather hang here than over at xda.

Can anyone make this happen for us?

#1 Device - Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
#2 Device - HTC Evo 3D S-Off
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2011, 12:02 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

we are working on it...so far we will use this section then everything will be moved to a permanent forum once we can get a hold of an admin..sorry
Old 09-19-2011, 05:05 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

I'm having some issues with mine. It may be a defect. I listed them here... @gTen let me know what you think please.

[Q] Is mine a defect or is this normal? - xda-developers

Daren W. has been nice enough to help me out. I'm gonna go on and do a hard reset tomorrow and see if it helps.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:38 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

1. this one sounds like it may be defective..this is similar to when we underclock phones and when they can't handle the low sleeping voltages it does not turn on..but its a guess hard to say..did this only happen once?

2. you can reconfigure 4g sleep settings in the EPST

3.have you tried temporarily to set it not turn off the screen at all?

4. does this also happen when you get a phone call while phone is on?

5. if this happens multiple times and you can replicate it..try a logcat..

6. you 100% sure that was the 3g icon and not the 1x icon? what is possible is 4g didn't connect and its at 1x and not 3g, thus data would not work.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:21 PM
Almost a VIP

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

@gTen
1. Once while driving the phone home from the sprint store on friday (it was hooked up to a motorola car charger... could this have something to with it?

2. Do I need to be rooted to do that?

3. No I have not but I will and I will report back.

4. I have not tested it, I will and I will report back.

5. Its only happened once so far.

6. 1000% sure. Next time it happens I will take a screen shot and post it here.... More details: I can put the 4g on and the data will work fine and be super fast then maybe 5 or 10 mins later it just changes to both 3g and 4g then no data at all (It happened a whole bunch of times friday and saturday but not at all sunday. Lets see what happens today.)

I'm on my way to work so I wont be able to report back until I get home.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:12 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

jimmiekain 4g is not all around my are not sure about yours but mine jumps in and out at times. did you hard reset yet and i dont ever use a carcharger but thats just me but if i did it would not be one other than one thats for my device.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:41 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
@gTen
1. Once while driving the phone home from the sprint store on friday (it was hooked up to a motorola car charger... could this have something to with it?
Generally it shouldn't..how much amps is the charger?

Quote:
2. Do I need to be rooted to do that?
no
Old 09-20-2011, 01:11 AM
Almost a VIP

@darren.wlsn1 if I just go on amazon and buy any samsung car charger will that work be better?

@gTen I have looked at the charger and I have no idea. It dose not say on it.

Here are some screens of the 3g and 4g being on at the same time. I even saw it do it w/ wifi so i took a screen of it too. I'm about to do hard reset and I will see it goes for a few days and report back.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:26 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i see no issue? looks like 4g just dropped? mine looks exactly like that now

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy S II Series > Samsung Epic Touch