PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy S II Series > Samsung Epic Touch

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2011, 08:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

M2Iceman is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Your opinions on the Epic Touch 4G

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
radio you can fix manually and wifi hotspot is now free with hack but its 3g only for now and my wifi and signal are fine so maybe its your area and camera "shutter sound" has been fixed and its posted on xda.
Do tell about the manual fix because I have tried almost everything to get my phone tonot lock out of 3G and drain my battery at night. My Wifi connection turns off all the time and so does 3G. Anything new Ill try, just want this phone to work.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:15 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

Quote:
get your msl and pm me.
How does this help anyone else who wants to do it? Why don't you make a thread explaining how to do it, that would be more beneficial to everyone. Just sayin...
~Mike

Old 10-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Temp stickied this thread for now.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:19 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/535.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/14.0.835.202 Safari/535.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen
Temp stickied this thread for now.
+1 for sticky .. this way something will be sticky

Old 10-12-2011, 03:15 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

What you mean by guidelines? Teach a man to fish you feed him for life...
~Mike
Old 10-19-2011, 09:28 PM
VIP MVP

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff

Quote:
it will and you will never miss kb but i highly recommend using new swype on there website and not swype thats pre loaded.
@darren hey to install the beta version of swype first you have to uninstall the one that comes preloaded but HOW?
already tried going into settings>applications>manage> swype - but no uninstall option . Any help? TIA

Also when you lock the screen with a password the keyboard that is there to input the password for unlocking looks pretty nice, yes pretty simple but nice anyway i can use that one instead for everything else instead of just unlocking?
Old 10-20-2011, 06:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
@darren hey to install the beta version of swype first you have to uninstall the one that comes preloaded but HOW?
already tried going into settings>applications>manage> swype - but no uninstall option . Any help? TIA

Also when you lock the screen with a password the keyboard that is there to input the password for unlocking looks pretty nice, yes pretty simple but nice anyway i can use that one instead for everything else instead of just unlocking?
I think you need to be rooted in order to uninstall Swype.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:17 PM
VIP MVP

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; SPH-D710 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman
Quote:

I think you need to be rooted in order to uninstall Swype.
i rooted then installed super manager and applied root access then i was able to uninstall from there...

still wondering about that keyboard
Old 01-02-2012, 10:37 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
Interesting cause the engadget video didn't show any slow downs in the browser when zooming in, you sure it's not the page your loading?

To change UA string to make it look like your browsing from PC, u should be able to do this....

1. Go to Browser.
2. In URL box type about:debug (no http:// just that) hit enter.
3. Menu/More/Settings
4. Scroll to UA String and change to Desktop then back out.

Hope this helps!
~Mike

about:useragent worked on mine!
Old 01-02-2012, 04:32 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; SPH-D710 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

i rooted then installed super manager and applied root access then i was able to uninstall from there...

still wondering about that keyboard
root explorer will do it, system/apps/make sure mountR/W is set then delete away. root toolbox may also work and its free.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy S II Series > Samsung Epic Touch