PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Ringtones
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2006, 04:27 PM
N00b

whistler is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to whistler
MP3 to WMA software for OSX

I'm trying to use my MAC more and more everyday. Once PocketMac is finalized for WM5.0 I'll be able to sync again. My only issue is that when I create ringtones I like to put them in WMA format because it's a smaller file size.

Does anyone know of a application for OSX that will do this. Either WAV to WMA or MP3 to WMA?

Thanks..
Old 07-25-2006, 01:51 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
I use acid pro 4.0 which can save the .mp3 as a .ogg, .wav, .mp3, .wma, .pca, .aif, and .w64. So give it a try. But warning I did test different settings. The .mp3 was like 280kb, the .wav of the same length and everything was 6mb , and the .wma was roughly 290kb, so it looks like mp3s is where its at Hope this helps.
~mike

Old 07-29-2006, 02:19 PM
Founder & Owner

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
oh I'm not sure if it will work with osx missed that part, sorry.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:26 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

whistler is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to whistler
When you are saving a file as a .wma file you can save it at 65kpbs and that works just as good as a MP3 at 128. The file size is VERY SMALL and you can hardly tell the difference..
Old 08-28-2006, 08:23 PM
Founder & Owner

those numbers where from a clip at 64kbps
Old 08-28-2006, 08:44 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bunnytrigger is keeping up the good workbunnytrigger is keeping up the good workbunnytrigger is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bunnytrigger Send a message via MSN to bunnytrigger Send a message via Yahoo to bunnytrigger Send a message via Skype™ to bunnytrigger
WAVEPAD!!!! work wonders and is cheap

haven't you heard? corporations are the new government. They're constitutionally-exempt.

92% of teens have moved onto WoW. if you are part of the 8% that still play REAL games, copy n paste

Old 08-28-2006, 08:48 PM
Founder & Owner

blah I'm acid pro all the way. I can make ringers and demos and it has loads of features.
~mike
Old 10-08-2006, 08:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

drunken_monky is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to drunken_monky
just use itunes to convert to ACC (mp4) which is half the size of an MP3....

i use acid pro to create ringtone in mp3 format. which is usualy 1mb and then i go to itunes >right click on song >convert to ACC> then from itunes just drag to folder that you want it in and file should aproximatly be half the size it origanly was

for example: the starwars song i posted, in mp3 format is 1,019kb and in mp4 (same sound quality) is 559kb and itunes works realy well with mac
Old 10-08-2006, 08:56 AM
Founder & Owner

the reason urs was so big is because u didn't adjust the kbps so imagine if ur dropped ur kbps to 64 which makes the mp3s have that size, then converted to mp4. bet they would be real small. myself I don't use itunes and don't really like it :P but that's me. my apaches my "ipod".
Old 10-08-2006, 04:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

drunken_monky is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to drunken_monky
i just use itunes for the convertion to acc to send ringtones to my buddies

but thanx for the advise on how to make smaller mp3

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Ringtones