PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2007, 04:44 AM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
yea i dont use smartdial either..
Old 07-19-2007, 02:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TYTN II
Carrier: Go Mobile

fencer is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to fencer Send a message via Skype™ to fencer
works horribly on my wizard!

Code:
http://www.localcooling.com/ref/?type=link&id=20997
Old 07-19-2007, 08:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

stearic is a n00b
So does smart dial work on the mogul though?
Old 07-19-2007, 11:09 AM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Pocket PC: Incredibl / Bold
Carrier: Verizon

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom
Quote:
Originally Posted by stearic
So does smart dial work on the mogul though?
smart dial does NOT work on mogul
Old 07-19-2007, 12:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

stearic is a n00b
Are there any good dialers then that allow the smart dial feature to work?
Old 07-19-2007, 06:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800

tvith is just getting started
I'm really curious about downloading this, and i did read that 2 people have already had this working on their xv6700 (that's wat i have) so now i'm even more curious about getting it. But before i download it, i do have a few q'stions...

1) I c that it's a cab file, so i'm guessing that i don't have to do anything to the phone for me to change the dialer from the reg. dialer to this custom dialer, right?

2) I keep reading that the smart dialer doesn't work, how about the "history"? Does it show all the recent calls, dialed and recieved as well as missed, and can u make calls right from the history menu?

3) Say i'm in a call, can i go bak to the keyboard. For instance, i dialed my voice mail and need the keypad to put in my password, does it allow me to go bak to the keypad while in the call? (i was looking but didn't c a button in the call menu that said "keypads")

4) If for some reason I dont' want this or need to revert bak to my original Windows dialer, do i just unintall the cab & dialer or do i have to go through a reg. hack?

5) I'm guessing u can still activate 3-way calling w/ this dialer?

sorry, i'm some a noob to the dialer skins, been wanting to change the dilaer for a while, so i just wanna make sure i understand everything before i get it.

Btw.. i read that a few people had prob. w/ their phone after having this dilaer.. those that have been using this for a while, does it still work good?

--Thanks
Old 07-19-2007, 06:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell Mobility

fablife is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvith
I'm really curious about downloading this, and i did read that 2 people have already had this working on their xv6700 (that's wat i have) so now i'm even more curious about getting it. But before i download it, i do have a few q'stions...
Quote:
1) I c that it's a cab file, so i'm guessing that i don't have to do anything to the phone for me to change the dialer from the reg. dialer to this custom dialer, right?
Correct - just download, place on device, run and soft reset.

Quote:
2) I keep reading that the smart dialer doesn't work, how about the "history"? Does it show all the recent calls, dialed and recieved as well as missed, and can u make calls right from the history menu?
Everything else except smart dial works

Quote:
3) Say i'm in a call, can i go bak to the keyboard. For instance, i dialed my voice mail and need the keypad to put in my password, does it allow me to go bak to the keypad while in the call? (i was looking but didn't c a button in the call menu that said "keypads")
your left softkey will do that once your in a call

Quote:
4) If for some reason I dont' want this or need to revert bak to my original Windows dialer, do i just unintall the cab & dialer or do i have to go through a reg. hack?
No reg hack needed, just uninstall from start>settings>remove

Quote:
5) I'm guessing u can still activate 3-way calling w/ this dialer?
Affirmative

Quote:
sorry, i'm some a noob to the dialer skins, been wanting to change the dilaer for a while, so i just wanna make sure i understand everything before i get it.
No worries

Quote:
Btw.. i read that a few people had prob. w/ their phone after having this dilaer.. those that have been using this for a while, does it still work good?

--Thanks
Works well for me.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

thank u fablife, u convinced me to go ahead and try it, i did, and now I love it lol.

If there was a few things i could change, i would change the color from the black to something else, def. the smart dial, and in the History section, i wish the the i cons to the left of the name (the one that shows wether it was an outgoing, incoming, or missed call) i would have liked that to be transparent like the dialer.... but still the dialer kicks ass..lol
Old 07-19-2007, 10:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

one other thing... is it just me or does the dialer take a lot of memory to run? I had like 10.5M and now i'm down to 7.8M. Yea I was already low as it is, and now i'm even lower... which i guess brings me to a q'stion (even though i know this topic isn't the one for it... so i don't wanna hijack the thread but..) is there a prog. that i can run that will go through the phone and delete stuff that I don't use anymore or don't need so that way i have more memory?
Old 07-21-2007, 05:19 PM
Lurker

wesexcellence is a n00b
Just curious. Is it possible to have a dialer like this which I can insert my own background jpeg or similar?
BTW Great job guys!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes