PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Pocket PC Themes (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Grumps Iphone By WoW (NO!!!! WA2 or WAD!) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5947)

RichieRich777 08-18-2007 12:22 AM

Can I link AIM to the SMS button or make an AIM icon rather than SMS?

wowthatisrandom 08-18-2007 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieRich777
I'm having the same issue someone else had a page or 2 back... My Live search, contacts & SMS all say "Link File Not Found"... I am using contact manager for my contacts, I have live search running on my today screen but I don't know about the SMS... I never installed anything just the text messaging that the PPC-6800 comes with. Can you help? Just so you know, i'm lucky I can dial a phone so thanks to you & the interney I can have some cool stuff on my phone! Thank You for the program either way, I have been looking for a cab for this!!!!!!!

One more thing, is there a page 2 or do I have to create it?

alright lets address each Q...

1. You will need to install live search i guess.. i assumed if you let the external rom install it would have done it for you... which it might have you will just have to locate the exe... or if your lazy just install the app again and it will work right away..

2. You will need to have installed the newest PocketCM from Pocketcm.com for this one to work and it will work right away

3.if you chose to go with the stock texting app you will need to change your link to \windows\tmail.exe ... or you can install codys threaded messaging for wm6 and it will work right away

4. to add a second page you will need to first create a Config2.txt file on your pc and copy that to the \program files\iphone folder...

then you will have to go and change the icon and the link to the "More Icon" and the link to Page 2

this could get complicated if you arent really familiar but hang it there i will help as much as i can

--
jason

RichieRich777 08-18-2007 04:01 PM

Ok... So far so good! Thank you for the help. Contact Manager now works & so does Live search... I'd prefer to link AIM to the SMS button if I can but...

I may have to hard reset because my phone is running really slow & doing some weird things. I have a ton of things I really dont want to lose but my battery is going dead in only a few hours with little use. Is there something out there I can get to save my contacts & may be ever a few other things like ring tones?

Also my slide2unlock seems to work when it wants to, is there a special way to launch it?

wowthatisrandom 08-18-2007 05:52 PM

Quote:

Ok... So far so good! Thank you for the help. Contact Manager now works & so does Live search... I'd prefer to link AIM to the SMS button if I can but...

I may have to hard reset because my phone is running really slow & doing some weird things. I have a ton of things I really dont want to lose but my battery is going dead in only a few hours with little use. Is there something out there I can get to save my contacts & may be ever a few other things like ring tones?

Also my slide2unlock seems to work when it wants to, is there a special way to launch it?

About AIM... just link that file to AIM use the iconfig program in Start\Programs

use outlook or outlook express to backup your contacts... to back up your ringers just pull the files and copy them to your PC (\Windows\Rings)

Slide2Unlock you just need to make sure ilock.exe is in your \Windows\StartUp and you shoudl be set... if you want to make sure check the registry

HKCU\Software\AC\Slide2Unlock\CloseApp and make sure that value is 0 this keeps the program in memory yes it will eat some up but it will allow slide2unlcok to work faster, smoother and more reliable

RichieRich777 08-18-2007 11:06 PM

You are a huge help & I appreciate learning this. So thans again... One thing I don't understand in my SMS. It's odd. Today I realized when I got a text message my SMS said that I had a message but when I clicked on it, it said "link file not found" but yet it had the red balloon sayin I had a message....

wowthatisrandom 08-18-2007 11:10 PM

Quote:

You are a huge help & I appreciate learning this. So thans again... One thing I don't understand in my SMS. It's odd. Today I realized when I got a text message my SMS said that I had a message but when I clicked on it, it said "link file not found" but yet it had the red balloon sayin I had a message....

you dont have threaded messaging... you need to change the link direction to \Windows\tmail.exe

and it will work

RichieRich777 08-18-2007 11:17 PM

That did it!!!! LMAO.. You are good!!!!

Now I need a cool dial skin. I think I have the same one u have. I got it here, it's like a plane looking iphone dialer. the only thing is that there is no link to voicemail. I have to dial my own number.

wowthatisrandom 08-18-2007 11:56 PM

Quote:

That did it!!!! LMAO.. You are good!!!!

Now I need a cool dial skin. I think I have the same one u have. I got it here, it's like a plane looking iphone dialer. the only thing is that there is no link to voicemail. I have to dial my own number.

hold one... and it will dial your vmail... the problem with most of the dialers is that they dont use smartdial... if you dont care about that go nuts theres a ton on this board

RichieRich777 08-20-2007 06:55 AM

Ok, thanks. I actually find smartdial annoying...

Any chance of you making a 2nd page cab for other stuff like weather, maps. AIM, etc?

I don't think it's because of your iphone program but for some reason my phone & battery are getting warm & my battery is dying super fast. Last night I took it off the charger at 3:30pm by 9:30 it was dead & shut off. In that time span I made 1 two minute phone call & showed you Iphone program to a few friends... That's it...

RichieRich777 08-20-2007 09:58 AM

Is there a way to have the iphone page open & running then switch back to the Today page without having to close the iphone page?

wowthatisrandom 08-20-2007 01:37 PM

Quote:

Any chance of you making a 2nd page cab for other stuff like weather, maps. AIM, etc?

I don't think it's because of your iphone program but for some reason my phone & battery are getting warm & my battery is dying super fast. Last night I took it off the charger at 3:30pm by 9:30 it was dead & shut off. In that time span I made 1 two minute phone call & showed you Iphone program to a few friends... That's it...

alright if you dont like smart dialing... dig around here a bit and you should have no problem finding a bunch of dialer themes..

i have no intention of make a second page as i have no use for apps like aim or weather etc... i dont really use this app but for a quick second to show people with actual iPhones that they dont hvae anything new lol...

anways its really easy... just created a Config2.txt add it to your \program files\iphone and then set a link from page one to "Page 2" and youll be good to go...

as far as linking to the today screen assuming your running htc x-buton (which you should be lol) you can click the windows button, then tap today then tap the upper right button(OK) and it will let you see your today screen.

hope that helps

Xxsrt4xX 08-21-2007 04:15 PM

Must......create......240......X.......240......ve rsion!!!!! *hint, hint, nudge, nudge*

wowthatisrandom 08-22-2007 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xxsrt4xX
Must......create......240......X.......240......ve rsion!!!!! *hint, hint, nudge, nudge*

lol i wish it was that easy... its not my app just my skin... post in the link found in the first thread and see what grumps will do for ya

RichieRich777 08-22-2007 02:16 AM

Here's a little problem I'm having... My contacts are only linked to the iphone skin icon. I used to be able to hit the right soft key to open the contacts or tap the word "contacts" on the taday screen at hte bottom right. Now I have to have the iphone up & running & then hit contacts... Is there a way to have all of the above?

scottdw 08-22-2007 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wowthatisrandom
Quote:

alright if you dont like smart dialing... dig around here a bit and you should have no problem finding a bunch of dialer themes..

i have no intention of make a second page as i have no use for apps like aim or weather etc... i dont really use this app but for a quick second to show people with actual iPhones that they dont hvae anything new lol...

anways its really easy... just created a Config2.txt add it to your \program files\iphone and then set a link from page one to "Page 2" and youll be good to go...

as far as linking to the today screen assuming your running htc x-buton (which you should be lol) you can click the windows button, then tap today then tap the upper right button(OK) and it will let you see your today screen.

hope that helps

You could probably also create a quick MortScript that will take you right to the today screen and just assign that to a button on this program.

wowthatisrandom 08-22-2007 09:48 AM

Quote:

Here's a little problem I'm having... My contacts are only linked to the iphone skin icon. I used to be able to hit the right soft key to open the contacts or tap the word "contacts" on the taday screen at hte bottom right. Now I have to have the iphone up & running & then hit contacts... Is there a way to have all of the above?

i dont understand what your asking it sounds like all you want to do is make it go to contacts... sorry id love to help but im confused elborate a bit...

u lose control of the softkeys if thats what your asking when your in the iphone theme.. thats why i set a contacts button right there fo ru

mike1234 08-22-2007 05:28 PM

Has anyone tried to get touch/flick scrolling working with this (contacts, but mostly web browser)? If yes, I'd be interested in the process. If no, I'll keep searching :)

wood 08-22-2007 06:26 PM

Simply awesome!

I just got my Mogul 2 days ago. Thank god I am computer savvy and know about forums. Once I found this place I started reading, downloading, installing. This iPhone mod is the best I have doodled with, and I dont think there will be a need for anything else...

wild orchids 08-22-2007 06:43 PM

Hi Wow, did you ever get a chance to look into the picture contact dial going w/o needing the 2nd push button? :)

-O

wowthatisrandom 08-22-2007 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild orchids
Hi Wow, did you ever get a chance to look into the picture contact dial going w/o needing the 2nd push button? :)

-O

i played i failed :-( i dont know why it refuses my script lnk its stupid annoying and is pissing me off i give up

RichieRich777 08-23-2007 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wowthatisrandom
Quote:

i dont understand what your asking it sounds like all you want to do is make it go to contacts... sorry id love to help but im confused elborate a bit...

u lose control of the softkeys if thats what your asking when your in the iphone theme.. thats why i set a contacts button right there fo ru

Ok that answers my question... So basically unless I have the iphone app up & running, I can't open my contacts without tapping start the contacts. I guess it can only be assigned to one button... It all makes sence... Sorry for the dumb questions.

mike1234 08-24-2007 05:35 PM

G0t it working

Thanks. I just installed this, and this is great. Installation was quick and painless, and it doesnt slow down the phone.

As a note: I had massive problems with the config.exe file, and still cant get it to work (just for your info, I prefer editing the text file myself).

Once again, great job

vero 08-24-2007 10:52 PM

Re: G0t it working

actually, I like to edit the config.txt directly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike1234
Thanks. I just installed this, and this is great. Installation was quick and painless, and it doesnt slow down the phone.

As a note: I had massive problems with the config.exe file, and still cant get it to work (just for your info, I prefer editing the text file myself).

Once again, great job

vero 08-24-2007 10:54 PM

what weather program do you use for the iphone theme? spbweather and weatherpanel are only plugin. pocket weather is not fancy.

wowthatisrandom 08-24-2007 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vero
what weather program do you use for the iphone theme? spbweather and weatherpanel are only plugin. pocket weather is not fancy.

i dont even use this app.. but as far as i knew those are the only apps out right now none of them really do what you want... i wonder if you could link it to the today screen? and have weather panel on there open full screen

LittleFaster 08-25-2007 03:06 AM

Getting Settings to work on the ppc 6700

I have an alltel ppc6700 and have gotten everything reconfigured the way I want down to the last button, Settings.

\windows\settings.lnk --- is this lowercase on the windows on purpose, have tried both ways. Also have tried PhoneSettings and changing lnk to exe. Still cannot get this last bit to run properly. Any help would be great. Thanks

wowthatisrandom 08-25-2007 11:33 AM

Re: Getting Settings to work on the ppc 6700

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleFaster
I have an alltel ppc6700 and have gotten everything reconfigured the way I want down to the last button, Settings.

\windows\settings.lnk --- is this lowercase on the windows on purpose, have tried both ways. Also have tried PhoneSettings and changing lnk to exe. Still cannot get this last bit to run properly. Any help would be great. Thanks

the only way to do this is to use this method...

Quote:

Originally Posted by xda-developers
Here's a list of shortcuts I've googled for, and they're in WM5's (and possible wince2003) format. Just copy and paste into a .txt file, rename it as a .lnk file, and paste it where you wish it to be.

Control Panel
Connections:
Beam: 8#"ctlpnl"cplmain.cpl,15,0?shellres.dll,-13910
Bluetooth: 8#"ctlpnl"cplmain.cpl,23,0?shellres.dll,-13909
Connections: 8#"ctlpnl"cplmain.cpl,19,0?shellres.dll,-13953
Network cards: 8#"ctlpnl"cplmain.cpl,17,0?shellres.dll,-13888
Personal:
Buttons: 8#"ctlpnl"cplmain.cpl,12,0?shellres.dll,-13944
Input: 8#"ctlpnl"cplmain.cpl,8,0?shellres.dll,-13936
Lock: 8#"ctlpnl"cplmain.cpl,1,0?shellres.dll,-13942
Menus: 8#"ctlpnl"cplmain.cpl,11,0?shellres.dll,-13937
Owner Info: 8#"ctlpnl"cplmain.cpl,2,0?shellres.dll,-13841
Phone: 8#"ctlpnl"cplmain.cpl,20,0?shellres.dll,-13954
Sounds: 8#"ctlpnl"cplmain.cpl,9,0?shellres.dll,-13924
Today: 8#"ctlpnl"cplmain.cpl,13,0?shellres.dll,-13952
System:
about: 8#"ctlpnl"cplmain.cpl,5,0?shellres.dll,-13899
Certificates: 8#"ctlpnl"cplmain.cpl,22,0?shellres.dll,-13941
Clock n Alarm: 8#"ctlpnl"cplmain.cpl,16,0?shellres.dll,-13840
Error Reporting: 8#"ctlpnl"cplmain.cpl,24,0?shellres.dll,-13997
Memory: 8#"ctlpnl"cplmain.cpl,4,0?shellres.dll,-13900
Power: 8#"ctlpnl"cplmain.cpl,3,0?shellres.dll,-13895
Regional Settings: 8#"ctlpnl"cplmain.cpl,18,0?shellres.dll,-13901
Remove Programs: 8#"ctlpnl"cplmain.cpl,10,0?shellres.dll,-13943
Screen: 8#"ctlpnl"cplmain.cpl,7,0?shellres.dll,-13906

VENTURE7O7 08-26-2007 02:01 PM

i love this thing. two quesitons though. i can't seem to find the fingerkeyboard option on pocketcm. also, i was wondering if you have a slingbox icon available and how to put it on my iphone(mogul) hehe

thanks in advance! mark

Scorp 08-26-2007 03:26 PM

just some info please send me a pm, how do you change the picture used for slideto unlock I changed all bmp and jpg files but I still get hte yellow flower no clue what to do to make it gone thanks

Scorp 08-27-2007 10:39 PM

never mind fixed it thanks!!

superflysocal 08-29-2007 09:39 AM

as anyone figured out a way to make the default wm6 contacts program to work with this yet?

tried using windows\start menu\contacts.lnk and it doesn't work.

brooklynfresh 08-30-2007 02:50 AM

I cant seem to find live search is it the same as windows live and if so what do i type in the config?

wowthatisrandom 08-31-2007 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brooklynfresh (Post 79545)
I cant seem to find live search is it the same as windows live and if so what do i type in the config?

no its different get it here

sc00pmz6 09-01-2007 05:58 PM

I'm really new to this so this may be a stupid question but is there a way to have the sms icon go directly to my sms inbox?? Also I would like to the e-mail icon to go directly to my windows live inbox. Thanks

KingGanon 09-01-2007 11:07 PM

3 Attachment(s)
this is an awesome program, if you can just get the landscape to open smoothly, and with no scroll bar, just display all the icons on the screen, it would be perfect. also, i've been playing around with the icons and commands a little, and im tryiing to figure out, i have the youtube icon on mine, and i wanted to kno if its possible to get the icon to open IE, and go directly to youtube.com, without setting youtube as my homepage. kinda like a parameter i guess it called.

wowthatisrandom 09-02-2007 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingGanon (Post 81213)
this is an awesome program, if you can just get the landscape to open smoothly, and with no scroll bar, just display all the icons on the screen, it would be perfect. also, i've been playing around with the icons and commands a little, and im tryiing to figure out, i have the youtube icon on mine, and i wanted to kno if its possible to get the icon to open IE, and go directly to youtube.com, without setting youtube as my homepage. kinda like a parameter i guess it called.

1. its not my app so i cant fix the landscape and 2 i think you could make it go straight there using a something like this

and 2.

make a txt file on your computer via notepad COPY and paste everything after the : and it should work just how u want it and then rename with .lnk at the end instead of txt

23#"\Windows\iexplore.exe"-url www.youtube.com

i THINK that will work

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc00pmz6 (Post 81088)
I'm really new to this so this may be a stupid question but is there a way to have the sms icon go directly to my sms inbox?? Also I would like to the e-mail icon to go directly to my windows live inbox. Thanks

make a txt file on your computer via notepad COPY and paste everything after the : and it should work just how u want it and then rename with .lnk at the end instead of txt

SMS list view: 20#"\Windows\tmail.exe"-service "SMS"
New SMS: 20#"\Windows\tmail.exe"-service "SMS" -to "" -body ""
Email list view: 20#"\Windows\tmail.exe"-service "Name of email account"
New Email: 20#"\Windows\tmail.exe"-service "Name of email account" -to "" -body ""

KingGanon 09-02-2007 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wowthatisrandom (Post 81503)
1. its not my app so i cant fix the landscape and 2 i think you could make it go straight there using a something like this

and 2.

23#"\Windows\iexplore.exe"-url www.youtube.com

i THINK that will work

SMS list view: 20#"\Windows\tmail.exe"-service "SMS"
New SMS: 20#"\Windows\tmail.exe"-service "SMS" -to "" -body ""
Email list view: 20#"\Windows\tmail.exe"-service "Name of email account"
New Email: 20#"\Windows\tmail.exe"-service "Name of email account" -to "" -body ""

man ur a genius, it works, except that when u copy the link to notepad, it has to look like this:

23#"\Windows\iexplore.exe"www.youtube.com

wowthatisrandom 09-02-2007 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingGanon (Post 81512)
man ur a genius, it works, except that when u copy the link to notepad, it has to look like this:

23#"\Windows\iexplore.exe"www.youtube.com

good to know i was just unsure if the -url was necessary i havent done it thanks for the heads up!

drew454U 09-03-2007 02:47 AM

im getting

this application requires a newer version of microsoft. net compact framework. when trying to run i config. its on my buddies 6700 this program runs excellent on my 6800...two thumbs up.

thanks

wowthatisrandom 09-03-2007 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drew454U (Post 81736)
im getting

this application requires a newer version of microsoft. net compact framework. when trying to run i config. its on my buddies 6700 this program runs excellent on my 6800...two thumbs up.

thanks

the iconfig.exe might require .net framework 2.0 since i have a mogul that comes with it i was unaware... if this is the case i would suggest doing it manually bc .net slows everything down...

from you PC open up the Config.txt and make your edits there